Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Some Sweeping, General Information from AT&T Post 71768 by zazzybob on Sunday 15th of May 2005 12:18:47 AM
Old 05-15-2005
The British (a group of souls of which I am a member!) has BSI BS6008 - a British Standard for making a cup of tea.

And ISO has taken this a step further! Smilie Eric Raymond has this in his Jargon file....

Here's the abstract from the ISO document...
Code:
The method consists in extracting of soluble substances in dried tea leaf, 
containing in a porcelain or earthenware pot, by means of freshly boiling 
water, pouring of the liquor into a white porcelain or earthenware bowl, 
examination of the organoleptic properties of the infused leaf, and of the 
liquor with or without milk or both.

I'm waiting for the ISO standards for using the toilet, walking, and brushing teeth....

Cheers
ZB

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need information about System V & Berkley Syntax for Unix

Hi, Can somebody give me some information on System V & Berkley's Unix formats. Any link will be helpful. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PHP replacing text between TAGS & URI information in Title Tag

Hi, what I am trying to do in PHP, is to replace the Title. I need some of the URL information inside aswell depending on the domain. The title is always different so I need to store it in a variable, put the url info like described below in front of it. Here is an example how it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying file information using awk & grep

Hi, TASK 1: I have been using this code to print the information of files kept at "/castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja" in some text file name FILE.txt. rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > FILE.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the Header & footer Information to the Outfile.

Hi I am writing a perl script which checks for the specific column values from a file and writes to the OUT file. So the feed file has a header information and footer information. I header information isaround107 lines i.e. Starts with START-OF-FILE ....... so on .... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
11 Replies
Encode::JP(3pm) 					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					   Encode::JP(3pm)

NAME
Encode::JP - Japanese Encodings SYNOPSIS
use Encode qw/encode decode/; $euc_jp = encode("euc-jp", $utf8); # loads Encode::JP implicitly $utf8 = decode("euc-jp", $euc_jp); # ditto ABSTRACT
This module implements Japanese charset encodings. Encodings supported are as follows. Canonical Alias Description -------------------------------------------------------------------- euc-jp /euc.*jp$/i EUC (Extended Unix Character) /jp.*euc/i /ujis$/i shiftjis /shift.*jis$/i Shift JIS (aka MS Kanji) /sjis$/i 7bit-jis /jis$/i 7bit JIS iso-2022-jp ISO-2022-JP [RFC1468] = 7bit JIS with all Halfwidth Kana converted to Fullwidth iso-2022-jp-1 ISO-2022-JP-1 [RFC2237] = ISO-2022-JP with JIS X 0212-1990 support. See below MacJapanese Shift JIS + Apple vendor mappings cp932 Code Page 932 = Shift JIS + MS/IBM vendor mappings jis0201-raw JIS0201, raw format jis0208-raw JIS0201, raw format jis0212-raw JIS0201, raw format -------------------------------------------------------------------- DESCRIPTION
To find out how to use this module in detail, see Encode. Note on ISO-2022-JP(-1)? ISO-2022-JP-1 (RFC2237) is a superset of ISO-2022-JP (RFC1468) which adds support for JIS X 0212-1990. That means you can use the same code to decode to utf8 but not vice versa. $utf8 = decode('iso-2022-jp-1', $stream); and $utf8 = decode('iso-2022-jp', $stream); yield the same result but $with_0212 = encode('iso-2022-jp-1', $utf8); is now different from $without_0212 = encode('iso-2022-jp', $utf8 ); In the latter case, characters that map to 0212 are first converted to U+3013 (0xA2AE in EUC-JP; a white square also known as 'Tofu' or 'geta mark') then fed to the decoding engine. U+FFFD is not used, in order to preserve text layout as much as possible. BUGS
The ASCII region (0x00-0x7f) is preserved for all encodings, even though this conflicts with mappings by the Unicode Consortium. See <http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/unicode-symbols.html.en> to find out why it is implemented that way. SEE ALSO
Encode perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Encode::JP(3pm)