Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Project Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Project Help Post 71756 by vk85 on Saturday 14th of May 2005 02:46:31 PM
Old 05-14-2005
Lightbulb Project Help

hi,
i am a computer engineering student.i need ideas for my final year project
i want to do my project in CORE SYSTEMS / KERNEL PROGRAMMING (Unix Platform).
i have very good knowledge of c,done 386 architecture & programming in detail, also d one D.O.S device drivers,but i am new to unix
Please help me with some ideas & also some books for it .

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

project

i want to do hospital project in c++ or java in unix/linux platforms what are the required softwares i should have and how to install oracle,java in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nrusimha
1 Replies

2. Linux

project

hi, iam doing my MCA finial year project in linux-c language.my project name 'stream control transmission protocol'.it is about message passing to server from client through packet,please help in this i want to know the coding for this or tell me the any link for this coding. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurakrish
0 Replies

3. Programming

a little project i need some help with

Hell everyone, i am trying to write a program for work, i am doing an internship there, where the program will list all the files on the Unix Server(soloaris 9) for all the engineers to look at. The code i have so far works to display all files, but the program also needs to check and see if the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShenTech
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

r-project

Hi folks, Any folk has experience on r-Project; The R Project for Statistical Computing Please shed me some light on its main application with examples. The package is availabl on Ubuntu repo; $ apt-cache policy r-base-html r-base-html: Installed: (none) Candidate: 2.4.1-1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
0 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
TURNINCFG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      TURNINCFG(1)

NAME
turnincfg - manage assignments submitted with turnin SYNOPSYS
turnincfg [ OPTIONS ] [ project-name ] DESCRIPTION
Manages assignments submitted with the turnin(1) program. Allows the creation of courses and projects and the management of said courses and projects. This command used to be known as project in the early days of Turnin-NG and in the original turnin/project suite. Omitting [ project-name ] will cause turnincfg to use the default project. OPTIONS
--version Print project's version. -h, --help Print these options. -d, --disable Disable the current project. -D, --perm-disable Permanently disable submissions for the current project. -e, --enable Enable submissions for the current project and make it the default project. -l Enable submissions for the current project but does not make it the default project. -r, --remove Remove the current project and all associated files. -i, --init Initialize a project. Requires you to pass project-name -p, --compress Compress this project using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. -x, --extract Extract this project. This option will be called automatically if you enable a compressed project. -v, --verify Verify the cryptographic signatures on submitted assignments using gpg(1) May require you to fetch the student's public key. --list Print a list of projects, along with whether or not they are enabled and shows which project is the default project. --config=CONFIG Path to an alternate configuration file. -c COURSE, --course=COURSE Switch between the courses you are currently administering. -w, --legal Print warranty and license information. ADMINISTRATIVE OPTIONS --create-course=COURSE Creates the course COURSE. --delete-course=COURSE Deletes the course COURSE. --archive-course=COURSE Archives the course using the tar(1) and gzip(1) formats. EXAMPLES
turnincfg --create-course world-cheeses Create the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -i stilton Create the project stilton in the course world-cheeses. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -e stilton Enable and make default the project stilton turnincfg -c world-cheeses -D stilton Permanently disable submissions for the project stilton. turnincfg -c world-cheeses -p stilton Compress the project stilton. turnincfg --archive-course world-cheeses Compress the course world-cheeses and remove it from the global configuration file. FILES
/etc/turnin-ng.cf SEE ALSO
turnin(1) The full documentation for turnincfg is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and turnincfg programs are properly installed at your site, the command info turnin-ng should give you access to the complete manual. AUTHOR
Turnin-NG and this manpage were written by Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org> in the summer of 2009 and are still actively maintained. Turnin-NG is a replacement for the 'project' and 'turnin' commands written in 1990 for the SPARC architecture by an unknown author. Both Turnin-NG and this manpage are distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at your option) any later version. Turnin-NG SEPTEMBER 2010 TURNINCFG(1)