Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Some Sweeping, General Information from AT&T Post 71717 by RTM on Friday 13th of May 2005 01:34:44 PM
Old 05-13-2005
Sweep the floor - wasn't that Karate Kid II?

My Dad worked for Bell Labs then Western Electric (both part of ATT back then) - I can't imagine what a doc would look like to program computers like he did if they get this granular on something so simple.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need information about System V & Berkley Syntax for Unix

Hi, Can somebody give me some information on System V & Berkley's Unix formats. Any link will be helpful. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PHP replacing text between TAGS & URI information in Title Tag

Hi, what I am trying to do in PHP, is to replace the Title. I need some of the URL information inside aswell depending on the domain. The title is always different so I need to store it in a variable, put the url info like described below in front of it. Here is an example how it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying file information using awk & grep

Hi, TASK 1: I have been using this code to print the information of files kept at "/castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja" in some text file name FILE.txt. rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > FILE.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the Header & footer Information to the Outfile.

Hi I am writing a perl script which checks for the specific column values from a file and writes to the OUT file. So the feed file has a header information and footer information. I header information isaround107 lines i.e. Starts with START-OF-FILE ....... so on .... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
11 Replies
SWEEP(1)							       0.9.3								  SWEEP(1)

NAME
Sweep - a sound wave editor SYNOPSIS
sweep [-h] [--help] [-v] [--version] [--display display] [--ignore-failed-lock] [filename]... DESCRIPTION
Sweep is a sound wave editor. OPTIONS
Sweep accepts the following options: -h, --help Display a list of all commandline options. -v, --version Output the version info. --ignore-failed-lock Continue when attempt to lock the preferences file fails. For use when the users home directory is on an NFS file system. (possi- bly unsafe) --display display Use the designated X display. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Conrad Parker OTHER INFO
More information is available at http://sweep.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
Conrad Parker Version 30 Jan 2007 SWEEP(1)