Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Some Sweeping, General Information from AT&T Post 71717 by RTM on Friday 13th of May 2005 01:34:44 PM
Old 05-13-2005
Sweep the floor - wasn't that Karate Kid II?

My Dad worked for Bell Labs then Western Electric (both part of ATT back then) - I can't imagine what a doc would look like to program computers like he did if they get this granular on something so simple.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need information about System V & Berkley Syntax for Unix

Hi, Can somebody give me some information on System V & Berkley's Unix formats. Any link will be helpful. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PHP replacing text between TAGS & URI information in Title Tag

Hi, what I am trying to do in PHP, is to replace the Title. I need some of the URL information inside aswell depending on the domain. The title is always different so I need to store it in a variable, put the url info like described below in front of it. Here is an example how it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying file information using awk & grep

Hi, TASK 1: I have been using this code to print the information of files kept at "/castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja" in some text file name FILE.txt. rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > FILE.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the Header & footer Information to the Outfile.

Hi I am writing a perl script which checks for the specific column values from a file and writes to the OUT file. So the feed file has a header information and footer information. I header information isaround107 lines i.e. Starts with START-OF-FILE ....... so on .... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
11 Replies
floor(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions						 floor(3M)

NAME
floor, floorf, floorl - floor function SYNOPSIS
c99 [ flag... ] file... -lm [ library... ] #include <math.h> double floor(double x); float floorf(float x); long double floorl(long double x); DESCRIPTION
These functions compute the largest integral value not greater than x. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return the largest integral value not greater than x, expressed as a double, float, or long double, as appropriate for the return type of the function. If x is NaN, a NaN is returned. If x is +-Inf or +-0, x is returned. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3M), feclearexcept(3M), fetestexcept(3M), isnan(3M), math.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 12 Jul 2006 floor(3M)