Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is the solaris v9.For.x86 64 bit Post 71659 by Just Ice on Friday 13th of May 2005 07:32:11 AM
Old 05-13-2005
you can install solaris at 64-bits if you have a processor that can run it --- check if your cpu can do that ... the 64-bit install files should be on the same install cd that you got ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit

I had previous implemented the following in my menu.lst to be able to get to 32-bit operations. # title Solaris 10 32-bit root (hd0,0,a) kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot kernel/unix module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive </code> Now, it is not working as I get the following error : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenr
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris

Hi, I am trying to convert 32-bit code to 64-bit. I have defined function int main() { int* l; size_t len1; fun(len1); return 0; } void fun(int* ptr) { cout<<"\nsizeof(ptr)"<<sizeof(ptr); } However while compiling getting error as : Error: Formal argument ptr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Clustering Red Hat Enterprise linux Advanced Platform 5.2 (x86-64 bit)

Hello Professionals, We have high-end HP rack servers. We need to provide application fail-over for business continuity. We have done benchmarking of the application on RHEL 5.2 on HP servers to estimate the hardware requirement so as to meet next 3-5 years business growth. Presently we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kgayyar
1 Replies

5. Solaris

looking for eclipse for SOLARIS 10 x86-64 bit

Hi, I am looking for eclipse for my solaris 10 x86 64 bit. No luck and haven't found the download yet. It is required when I install WLS 10.3. Of course one no need to use eclipse and you can always use workshop. Does anybody please know where can I download the software. Thanks, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aa_monster
2 Replies

6. Solaris

32 bit MySQL on x86 64 bit?

Hello all. I am going to build an x86 Solaris box. Sun only offers it in a 64 bit flavor. I want to put MySQL on this box. MySQL only comes in a 32 bit version for x86 Solaris. Can I run 32 bit apps on a 64 bit x86 Solaris machine? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Four-Level multi-paging on x86 system with 64 bit addressing

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi all, I've got a huuuuuuge problem with understanding this new concept of multi-paging. I really tried to research but i could not find anything significant. I've been trying to understand this for 4 days and i cannot. The question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowboarder
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Switch to 64-bit kernel on Solaris x86

I know this is probably a dumb question, but all of my Google and forum searches have been coming up empty. I mostly work with SPARC. How do you switch Solaris on x86 from 32-bit to 64-bit? When I do a uname -a on a newly installed machine I get "SunOS XXXXXXX 5.10 Generic_144489-17 i86pc i386... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix flavors that run on x86, x86_64 bit processors?

Hello everyone. This is an awesome forum. Glad to have joined! :) I use Linux mostly, even for Desktop usage. I just love everything about it, all the way down to how the font looks while browsing. Its just so sleek and sexy. But I also boot Windows for those programs I just need that only... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: insomnia
23 Replies

10. Solaris

Upgrading java on solaris 10 x86 32 bit

I have java installed on my solaris 10 as /usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0 , but i need to install Weblogic for that i need -- JDK Sun Java 2 JDK 6.0 Update 05 with the Java HotSpot™ Client and Server VMs (32-bit) and all later service packs of 6.0 How can i upgrade my java for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jain_sharad143
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)