Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting running script in cron - with ssh commands - not working Post 71658 by Just Ice on Friday 13th of May 2005 07:26:44 AM
Old 05-13-2005
in that case, try echoing all the variables and their values on the remote script to a file you can read when it is run from cron ... see if the same variables and values are showing up in the interactive run ... from what i gather from all the posts, there's a line in your remote script that's making it hang --- my experience says this is most likely something that needs to read a file ...

btw, what does the remote script do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job giving error while running SSH command

Hi All, The script which i am using to SSH to remote server is working fine when i run is using ./ but when cron runs it it gives error that "ssh: not found" please help!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visingha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running php from cron - working up to a point

Hi there, I am struggling to try and work out what is going wrong with a cron job i have running daily which opens up an imap mailbox and extracts a rar file to a directory on the web server. The script works ok when run manually, and when it is running from cron, I can see that it opens up the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicky77
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script and commands through SSH

Hello All, I am trying to run some simulations through SSH from my mac on our university SOLARIS system. My problem is that whenever I want to execute a command I get an error which says "Invalid argument". Maybe I should explain more what I want to do and what I did. Firstly I installed a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apfik
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting issue while running it from cron while manually working fine

Hello, I am working one one script where I am using the below code which is using to connect with MKS client when I run my script manually it works effiecently i.e. it connects with MKS client but when I run it from CRON it doesn't connect. 1)Can some one tell when it is running from cron... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically run commands after SSH and SUDO not working?

I'm working on a script to SSH and SUDO as (sap user sidadm) then automatically run commands that the sidadm user can run such as R3trans -v, tp, etc.. I can SSH without password and SUDO.. but the commands don't run after I SSH and SUDO to the sidadm user...here is the commands that I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry 30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh - running commands on remote server

Hi, I am trying to run commands on a list of servers that I can ssh to and just want to know if there is a 'cleaner' way of doing this. At the moment, I am doing as below. Is there a way that I can escape the double quote differently? If a use a single quote to enclose the commands that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not working with ssh remote login

Hi Friends, I am unable to run our application commands on remote server using ssh (passwordless login enabled). But the same command running with telent perl script. please suggest. SSH: C:/bin>ssh -l monitor tl04cp01 exec "/home/monitor/123" /home/monitor/123: viewlog: not found. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
7 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)