Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX source?
Top Forums Programming UNIX source? Post 7155 by Sharkbait on Wednesday 19th of September 2001 03:56:06 PM
Old 09-19-2001
ok thx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX commands source

does anyone knows where i can find the source code any Unix commands??? THx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubis450
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

the source code of unix

tha ithela na moy peite an mporo apo kapoy na vro ton pigaio kvdika toy unix se glossa c .efxaristo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matsoyka
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Source Code Of Unix

Do you have the source code of UNIX? If yes, can you please send it to me on my email email address deleted For your this help I shall be obliged to you. With Regards rajesh ***phone removed*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ranjan26
1 Replies

4. Linux

how to get source code of Unix commands?

Can anyone tell me how/where to get the source code for the unix commands like "ls ,finger,cp....etc" commands . I have tried very hard but failed so far. Thanks JAGDISH MACHHI (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Source code for Unix commands

hi Folks!! Just got a question in mind.... Is it possible for us to read the c code of the commands in the bin directory? I work on a LINUX server and i only see executables in the bin directory which i obviously can't read. Please help me regarding this. Thanks in advance and wishing you a very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdiwakarteja
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

7. Programming

Source Command in Unix

Hi all, I am having two files, the content of first file (out.bash) is #!/bin/bash cd /home/jessy/abc echo "hihi-part1" Second file content (out2.csh)is #!/usr/bin/csh source ./out.bash echo "hihi-part2" When I run in Ubuntu, i am typing bash out2.csh, the output display is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source trigger in Unix shell

Hi All, Is ther any way to write the script with source trigger ? To trigger the script on particular time we have crontab. Similarly in a path, when a file comes particular script has to run. Thanks:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesu
7 Replies

9. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
avc_context_to_sid(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_context_to_sid(3)

NAME
avc_context_to_sid, avc_sid_to_context, avc_get_initial_sid - obtain and manipulate SELinux security ID's SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_context_to_sid(security_context_t ctx, security_id_t *sid); int avc_sid_to_context(security_id_t sid, security_context_t *ctx); int avc_get_initial_sid(const char *name, security_id_t *sid); DESCRIPTION
Security ID's (SID's) are opaque representations of security contexts, managed by the userspace AVC. avc_context_to_sid() returns a SID for the given context in the memory referenced by sid. avc_sid_to_context() returns a copy of the context represented by sid in the memory referenced by ctx. The user must free the copy with freecon(3). avc_get_initial_sid() returns a SID for the kernel initial security identifier specified by name. RETURN VALUE
avc_context_to_sid() and avc_sid_to_context() return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. NOTES
As of libselinux version 2.0.86, SID's are no longer reference counted. A SID will be valid from the time it is first obtained until the next call to avc_destroy(3). The sidget(3) and sidput(3) functions, formerly used to adjust the reference count, are no-ops and are depre- cated. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), getcon(3), freecon(3), selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_context_to_sid(3)