Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pid still alive after "control C" Post 71470 by Nicol on Wednesday 11th of May 2005 11:15:49 AM
Old 05-11-2005
Thanks again for your help

Christian

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"kill -14 pid" doesn't works on all processes !!

If I try to run "kill -14 pid", some processes in my application get terminated , while some keeps running. If SIGALRM signal is sent, they should make an exit. What's the reason any process keeps on running. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poojac
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to control remotely "full" Linux router in GUI ?

Hi, I mean Unix Linux general solution, so please don't move my question, as it's Unix specific. I would like to remotely control my "full" Linux router. Already succeeded to compile Linux Unix dialog, running some tests. The issue is dialog comes with a limited number of widget boxes for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Using "$!" to get the PID of the Last Ran Background Process

Hello All, I was looking into creating a script that would be used only to start a Daemon and create a lock file... F.Y.I. It's for Nagios' NRPE Daemon Plugin... Anyway when I run the command to start the Daemon (below): /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -d And... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
14 Replies

6. Tips and Tutorials

My "Bread and Butter" Process Keep Alive Perl Script....

For the newbies, I should have posted this years ago.... Here is the standard (tiny) "bread and butter" perl script (on Linux) I use in my crontab files to insure key processes are alive ( just in case ! ) like httpd, named, sshd, etc. The example below if for named...... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
File::Pid(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    File::Pid(3pm)

NAME
File::Pid - Pid File Manipulation SYNOPSIS
use File::Pid; my $pidfile = File::Pid->new({ file => '/some/file.pid', }); $pidfile->write; if ( my $num = $pidfile->running ) { die "Already running: $num "; } $pidfile->remove; DESCRIPTION
This software manages a pid file for you. It will create a pid file, query the process within to discover if it's still running, and remove the pid file. new my $pidfile = File::Pid->new; my $thisfile = File::Pid->new({ file => '/var/run/daemon.pid', }); my $thisfileandpid = File::Pid->new({ file => '/var/run/daemon.pid', pid => '145', }); This constructor takes two optional paramters. "file" - The name of the pid file to work on. If not specified, a pid file located in "File::Spec->tmpdir()" will be created that matches "(File::Basename::basename($0))[0] . '.pid'". So, for example, if $0 is ~/bin/sig.pl, the pid file will be /tmp/sig.pl.pid. "pid" - The pid to write to a new pidfile. If not specified, $$ is used when the pid file doesn't exist. When the pid file does exist, the pid inside it is used. file my $pidfile = $pidfile->file; Accessor/mutator for the filename used as the pid file. pid my $pid = $pidfile->pid; Accessor/mutator for the pid being saved to the pid file. write my $pid = $pidfile->write; Writes the pid file to disk, inserting the pid inside the file. On success, the pid written is returned. On failure, "undef" is returned. running my $pid = $pidfile->running; die "Service already running: $pid " if $pid; Checks to see if the pricess identified in the pid file is still running. If the process is still running, the pid is returned. Otherwise "undef" is returned. remove $pidfile->remove or warn "Couldn't unlink pid file "; Removes the pid file from disk. Returns true on success, false on failure. program_name This is a utility method that allows you to determine what "File::Pid" thinks the program name is. Internally this is used when no pid file is specified. SEE ALSO
perl. AUTHOR
Casey West, <casey@geeknest.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Casey West. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-04-05 File::Pid(3pm)