Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users crontab problem Post 71400 by dangral on Tuesday 10th of May 2005 04:37:38 PM
Old 05-10-2005
My mistake, you don't need another asterisk. At first glace it seemed like you were missing a field.

Do you get any output into the files /tmp/.ftp.log.1 and /tmp/.ftp.log.2? Can you check if there are error messages in the cron log?

Is cron running? Type ps -ef | grep cron and post the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab problem

Hi, I trying to include a script in my crontab as user. I used "crontab -e" to include my script there but does not seem to work. If I understand correctly it is set to run at 11:20 every day, correct? Can anybody identify any error? <pre> #Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.7 Generic... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
19 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Crontab

I have a server running 5.9 and I'm trying to cron in the following. 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*" -mtime +1 -print |xargs rm > /dev/null 2>&1 But I keep get the following error.... 00 01 * * 7 cd /data/apache/logs && find . -type f -name "access.*"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab problem

HI, i am working on linux. i have crontab problem i wrote a small script and put it in a crontab . but the script is not running.. i have given following way in crontab -e 02 06 * * * /bin/csh /home/vr_test.csh but the above script is not running please rectify my... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
26 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with crontab

I'm trying to get crontab to run a script, but to test crontab I tried out a very simple command: `echo bob` here is my crontab file (I edited it by using `crontab -e`): ----------------- #!/bin/sh 23 10 * * * echo bob and at 10:23 every day I get a new message: in /var/mail/a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with crontab

i added to my crontab file: * * * * * echo "hello" it works, i receive a message into my /var/mail/username and i receive: bob in addition to a large text add-on any help appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab problem

hi all while using crontab -e im receiving 754 as output im unable to add a entry in crontab crontab -l is working fine OS: sun5.8 can some one please assist me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Problem

Dear All , I have .sh script wich has the following inside getFileName=Listportfolio.txt.`date +'%Y%m%d` ftp -n 172.10.10.1<<EOF user xxx xxx bin cd /home/gbs/FTP_Script get /home/gbs/FTP_Script/$getFileName bye EOF EOF when I run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in crontab

Hi All, Am facing an issue while updating the crontab.Getting below error while updating the cron. cron/tmp.XXXX5fXBR6: No space left on device crontab: edits left in /tmp/crontab.XXXXEJX5gw Is there any file where i need to alter using root user so that i can update the cron. TIA... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
9 Replies

9. AIX

Crontab problem

Hi to all. Guys, i have a truble with oracle user crontab. He work if i'm do 0-59 * * * * echo LOL> ~/test.txt But not work if me set realy norm date For example 14 17 28 12 * echo LOL> ~/test.txt In 17:14 28 December . In log file /var/adm/cron/log nothing.... Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

10. Solaris

problem with crontab

hi all does any on has explanation for this result bash-3.00$ crontab -e "/var/tmp/Ex1kayUW" No space left on device The crontab file was not changed. bash-3.00$ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmannix
2 Replies
DAR_SLAVE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DAR_SLAVE(1)

NAME
dar_slave - disk archive slave for remote access to a dar archive SYNOPSIS
dar_slave [options] [<path>/]source dar_slave -h dar_slave -V DESCRIPTION
dar_slave reads an archive and listens for dar orders on standard input, sending asked parts of the archive on standard output. Source is the basename of the archive to read. By default, dar_slave uses standard input and output to communicate with a dar process, which may be running on the local host or on a remote host. It is possible to change the behavior of dar_slave to use named pipe instead of standard input and output OPTIONS
-h Displays help usage. -V Displays version information. -i <filename> reads the orders from the named file instead of standard input. In most cases the filename will be a named pipe. -o <filename> sends the data to the named file <filename> instead of standard output. In most cases the filename will be a named pipe. -E <string> string is a command to be launched between slices. See dar(1) man page (same option) for more information. -Q Do not display any message on stderr when not launched from a terminal (for example when launched from an at job or crontab). Remains that any question to the user will be assumed a 'no' answer, which most of the time will abort the program. -j when virtual memory is exhausted, as user to make room before trying to continue. By default, when memory is exhausted dar aborts. -; <num> Defines the minimum number of digits to use for archive slice numbers. See the same option in dar man page for more details. EXIT CODES
dar_slaves exists with the same codes as dar does, see dar(1) man page. SIGNALS
Any signal sent to dar_slave will abort the program immediately, there is no way to have a proper termination before the end of the process SEE ALSO
dar(1), dar_xform(1), dar_manager(1), dar_cp(1) KNOWN BUGS
None actually. AUTHOR
http://dar.linux.free.fr/ Denis Corbin France Europe 3rd Berkeley Distribution March 3rd, 2012 DAR_SLAVE(1)