Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to read i-node informations (date of creation) Post 71375 by mullmafr on Tuesday 10th of May 2005 11:34:26 AM
Old 05-10-2005
Question how to read i-node informations (date of creation)

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to get the date of creation for a file. Is it possible ? I know that these informations are in the i-node but I don't know how to access them (if the 'find' command can do it with option -ctime, I have reasons to believe in it).

Thanks for helping me !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account creation date

Hi All, Is there a simple and obvious way to see when an account was created.An account has come to my attention in /etc/passwd and a last on it shows having never logged in and the home directory looks to be a couple of years old. Just wondering if I'm over looking anything obvious. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hayez
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to findout the creation date?

Hi all Is ther anyway I can findout the date on which a file was created??? Regards Sube (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

4. AIX

User ID creation date

Dear All, I'd like to know is there any way to determine when a user id created in AIX? Thanks, Istvan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: istvan.banai
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get File creation date.

Hi All, I need to get file creation date. I have to access one file who's name is like... abc.log092308 and the date changes as per current date. And i am accessing this file next day. meance in above case i will access above file on 09-24-2008 Also one problem is that this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevan Salunke
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User creation (with only read only access)

I need to create a user with least permission on the production server. He should only be able to read or execute the files that to be specific. For example: I just need to give him a set of commands to run.Besides those command execution He should be prevented to run any other command and He... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation date of a directory

what's the command to find the creation date of a certain dirctory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miss_dodi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read files by Server Creation date wise?

Hi All, I would have many files in the server with xyz*.dat -- Static file name Physical files: xyz1.dat - 01PM xyz2.dat - 02PM xyz3.dat - 03PM In present version we are using for f in $file_name do fname=`ls $f | grep -v ^'\|'$ | sed s/' '/'\\ '/g` .... sqlldr... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharv
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace the date inside a node of several rdf files

Hi, I have a rdf zip file. This zip file consists of several *.rdf files. I need to replace the date (this is different for each rdf) inside the node "Date_de_Publication_Periodique" of these rdf files. e.g., awk '/Date_de_Publication_Periodique/ && /XMLSchema#date/' MM_NN-A1B1C1_ABC.rdf ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ribosome
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy creation date over top of modified date?

Can someone draw up a script that for every file, folder and subfolder and files that will copy the creation date over top of the modified date?? I know how to touch every file recursively, but no idea how to read a files creation date then use that to touch the modification date of that file,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toysareforboys
3 Replies
array-info(1)															     array-info(1)

NAME
array-info - check the status of a HP (Compaq) SmartArray controller SYNOPSIS
array-info -d array_device_path [-a|-l|-A|-c|-s|-L|-h] DESCRIPTION
Array-info is a command line tool to retrieve informations and logical drives status from several RAID controllers (currently HP Compaq IDA and CISS and MD). It displays informations about the firmware version, Rom revision, number of physical and logical drives on the con- troller, aswell as the fault tolerance, size, number of physical disks and status for each logical drive. OPTIONS
--device | -d Path to array device, e.g. /dev/ida/c0d0 or /dev/cciss/c0d1 --all-drives | -a Show informations about all drives --logical drive | -l Show informations about selected logical drive --show-ctrl | -c Show informations about controller --show-logical | -L Show informations about logical drives --show-physical | -p Show physical device informations --show-status | -s Show status of logical drives --show-all | -A Show all informations --version | -V Show version -h Show help about options COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written by Raphael Pinson <<raphink@ubuntu.com>>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 2006-12-15 array-info(1)