Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Advanced Getopts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advanced Getopts Post 71199 by stefan_hery on Sunday 8th of May 2005 09:16:51 PM
Old 05-08-2005
MySQL

Thanks for the idea..
It really work..

Cheers,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in getopts

hey need help with getopts again. i am using getopts to read my command line options and arguments. i can manage to do for options that have only one argument e.g srcipt_name -f 3 i am able to use getopts to do this but i am having problems two accept more than two agruments e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

Hi i have part of the scripts below ,getopt for -h or ? not working for me. can anybody tell me if this sytax right or wrong. #!/usr/bin/ksh program=$(basename $0) ##################################################################################### function usageerr { RC=1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in getopts

Hi, My script will take a input file as a parameter(which is not mandatory) and also an option. ksh my_script.sh <inputfile> The option -n I have given is no way related to the input file. Now the problem here is when i execute the script specifying the input file and the option(the way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts

I am having some trouble/questions with getopts that I can't find any solid info on with google I need it to parse things of the syntax of: -r # # # -f -c with as many repeats as possible, and it should catch erroneous commands also, but continue going... my first question is, -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TurboArkhan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

Hey, i need help with the use of getopts in shell script. tried reading a lot online, but found incomplete examples (maybe complete but cudn't make out). PLzz help...explain in deatil plzzz, i am a newbie:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasankaBITS
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

First off, I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I realize my problem will probably seem pretty basic to everyone, but I've been at this for several hours now and I've gotten nowhere. I would contact my professor, but it is too late for that. Anyway, I'm trying to write a function called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unknown50862
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

? used in getopts

Suppose I have a code below . while getopts a: opt do case $opt in a) app_name="$OPTARG";; *) echo "$opt is an invalid option"; exit 1;; ?) echo "The value of $OPTARG is an invalid option"; exit 1;; esac done Could anyone please tell me in which case my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts. Need help

Hi all... I have been looking on here for the past few days for an answer and Im gonna have to break down and ask. I just learned about the getopts command last week so have been trying to utilize it in my scripts. Below, I am trying to set up a case structure for options using getopts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

while getopts v OPTION do case $OPTION in v) echo "Hello" ;; *) exit 1;; esac done Suppose I have script tmp.sh Whose Signature is tmp.sh <fixed_argument> When I run the script with tmp.sh -v "file", it echoes a hello but, when I try the other way i.e, tmp.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts help

Hi All, I am writing a script to pass the getopts argument to the function which I have. But it as soon as I execute the script, the argument is taking it as blank. I tried using multiple way to check but its not working. Can someone please let me know what wrong in this code. function1()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start com- mand. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)