Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Advanced Getopts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advanced Getopts Post 71183 by stefan_hery on Sunday 8th of May 2005 04:32:02 AM
Old 05-08-2005
Advanced Getopts

Hi all,

I am using getops to get the arguments passed by the command line.
However, I need to specify some rules regarding the parameter sent.
For eg:
I have script called MyScript which accept parameter d, I, E, r, u
so the usage should be like this:
MyScript [-d N] [-I] [-E] [-r] [-u string]

So far, I finished that part.
But, what I want to do now is:
Suppose if user specify parameter d, it should not accept parameter I and E
If user want to use parameter r and u, it should be accompanied by parameter d , I, or E

So,
MyScript -d5 -I -> InCorrect (should return error)
MyScript -d5 -> Correct
MyScript -r -> InCorrect
MyScript -r -I -> Correct

Could anyone help me..

Thx in advance..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in getopts

hey need help with getopts again. i am using getopts to read my command line options and arguments. i can manage to do for options that have only one argument e.g srcipt_name -f 3 i am able to use getopts to do this but i am having problems two accept more than two agruments e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

Hi i have part of the scripts below ,getopt for -h or ? not working for me. can anybody tell me if this sytax right or wrong. #!/usr/bin/ksh program=$(basename $0) ##################################################################################### function usageerr { RC=1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in getopts

Hi, My script will take a input file as a parameter(which is not mandatory) and also an option. ksh my_script.sh <inputfile> The option -n I have given is no way related to the input file. Now the problem here is when i execute the script specifying the input file and the option(the way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chella
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts

I am having some trouble/questions with getopts that I can't find any solid info on with google I need it to parse things of the syntax of: -r # # # -f -c with as many repeats as possible, and it should catch erroneous commands also, but continue going... my first question is, -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TurboArkhan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

Hey, i need help with the use of getopts in shell script. tried reading a lot online, but found incomplete examples (maybe complete but cudn't make out). PLzz help...explain in deatil plzzz, i am a newbie:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasankaBITS
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

First off, I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I realize my problem will probably seem pretty basic to everyone, but I've been at this for several hours now and I've gotten nowhere. I would contact my professor, but it is too late for that. Anyway, I'm trying to write a function called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unknown50862
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

? used in getopts

Suppose I have a code below . while getopts a: opt do case $opt in a) app_name="$OPTARG";; *) echo "$opt is an invalid option"; exit 1;; ?) echo "The value of $OPTARG is an invalid option"; exit 1;; esac done Could anyone please tell me in which case my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts. Need help

Hi all... I have been looking on here for the past few days for an answer and Im gonna have to break down and ask. I just learned about the getopts command last week so have been trying to utilize it in my scripts. Below, I am trying to set up a case structure for options using getopts.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

while getopts v OPTION do case $OPTION in v) echo "Hello" ;; *) exit 1;; esac done Suppose I have script tmp.sh Whose Signature is tmp.sh <fixed_argument> When I run the script with tmp.sh -v "file", it echoes a hello but, when I try the other way i.e, tmp.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts help

Hi All, I am writing a script to pass the getopts argument to the function which I have. But it as soon as I execute the script, the argument is taking it as blank. I tried using multiple way to check but its not working. Can someone please let me know what wrong in this code. function1()... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
4 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)