Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Windows & Sun Dual boot on x86 platform...possible?? Post 71103 by AboJasim on Friday 6th of May 2005 10:20:18 AM
Old 05-06-2005
Windows & Sun Dual boot on x86 platform...possible??

My first thread from Kuwait Peace Land Smilie
is it possible to make dual boot on my PC between Win XP and Solaris 9 and above??
if yes , how to do??
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loading windows on a dual boot

I want to dual-boot Windows 98 and Redhat 7. My scheme for doing this is to partition into: A FAT32 partition for windows A Linux partition for root A swap partition A boot partition My question is: At what point do I setup windows on the FAT partition? Would I do it from the command line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Redhat with Windows 2k or XP

I know this is a common question, but.... I am working on 2 seperate computers. Each machine has one hdd. I want to Install Redhat with Win2k on one machine, and Redhat with Xp on the other. I know there are some issues with the install sequence to get Grub to work with both, but I am a little... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows -linux dual boot............

I am trying to implement a dual boot on my laptop ... using a small xp partition and fedora core 269.1-fc2 i686 linux kernel.. so far I have had to log off and reboot to enter the other partition... but this is getting frustrating.. windows is on /dev/hda1 and 1-5 is on the linux partition. I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot between UNIX and Windows

I am planning to install UNIX (SunOS) on my computer which has two hard disks C: and D: C drive already have operating system which has windows installed on it and I use it on daily basis. D drive is empty and has like 40GB space, I want to partition D: by half half and want install UNIX on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DataSheet
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows And Unix, Dual Boot

Hello! I must find a way to use unix in my PC. I have a Dell Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2GHz, 1Gb RAM.It came with windows xp but in order to get some software running I have to be able to work on unix! Is it posible to set up a unix and Windows dual boot configuration? I was sure it was posible but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isidora10
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Dual Boot WIndows 2003 and Solaris 10

Hi, I have a dual boot server with Windows on C0t0d0 and Solaris 10 on C1t0d0. When I do a reboot it automatically boots with Windows as default without an option to boot onto Solaris. I want to set Solaris as my default boot. any ideas? Thanks, Suresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
6 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Fedora Windows XP Prof dual boot

Faced with a "learn the new platform at your own expense or lose your job" ultimatum, I bought a Maxtor internal HD and added it to my older HP desktop which had been upgraded from Windows to Windows Professional. I installed Fedora on the new 500 GB HD and tried putting the Fedora boot partition... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba18
5 Replies

10. Android

Android x86 version dual boot with ubuntu

Hi, i came across this android x86 OS Link. there is a live cd and HD installation. i try the live cd and HD installation in the virtualbox and its working fine. im interested with this x86 platform. since i had a viewsonic viewpad 7 android 2.2.Does anyone try to dual boot this Android x86 OS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies
TRUNCATE(1)							   User Commands						       TRUNCATE(1)

NAME
truncate - shrink or extend the size of a file to the specifed size SYNOPSIS
truncate OPTION... FILE... DESCRIPTION
Shrink or extend the size of each FILE to the specified size A FILE argument that does not exist is created. If a FILE is larger than the specified size, the extra data is lost. If a FILE is shorter, it is extended and the extended part (hole) reads as zero bytes. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --no-create do not create any files -o, --io-blocks Treat SIZE as number of IO blocks instead of bytes -r, --reference=FILE use this FILE's size -s, --size=SIZE use this SIZE --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE is a number which may be followed by one of the following suffixes: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. SIZE may also be prefixed by one of the following modifying characters: `+' extend by, `-' reduce by, `<' at most, `>' at least, `/' round down to multiple of, `%' round up to multiple of. Note that the -r and -s options are mutually exclusive. AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady. REPORTING BUGS
Report truncate bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
dd(1), truncate(2), ftruncate(2) The full documentation for truncate is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and truncate programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'truncate invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 TRUNCATE(1)