Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How To Sort Array of Hashes ?? Post 70983 by coolguyshail on Friday 6th of May 2005 05:40:45 AM
Old 05-06-2005
How To Sort Array of Hashes ??

Some one plz help me how to sort an array of hashes .....

for e.g i have an array as

@AoH = (
{
ques => 10,
marks => 32,
},
{
ques => 32,
marks => 22,
},
{
ques => 2,
marks => 41,
},
);

now i want to sort this array with increasing value of "ques" ..... plz help

Last edited by coolguyshail; 05-06-2005 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: question not clear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array split function & hashes

Hi, If this is the array that is being returned to me: How would I get the values for each of the 3 records? This works for 1 Record: foreach $item (@results) { ($id, $id2, $name, $date, $email) = split(/\|/, $item, 5); print "$name<br>"; } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: novera
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sort-of array in SH

Hello to everyone! I'm really new in shell scripting and I'm experiencing a very odd problem. This is my first post in this forum, hope you can help! I know that declaring arrays in Bourne Shell is impossible. But this is where I start having problems - system administrator did not install... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: onstock
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sort array by field

Hi Everyone, Any simple code can simplify the code below, please advice. Thanks # cat 2.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; my @aaaaa = <DATA>; my @uids; foreach (@aaaaa) { my @ccccc = split (",", $_); push @uids, $ccccc;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort piping to awk array - help please

Hi I'm just learning programming and need some help. I've taken a data file which has a list of numbers eg: 3 5 32 533 13 2 And I've used sort -n and to sort and then piped it to awk to arrange into an array. #!/bin/sh sort -n data.txt | awk ' { array=$1 } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EL_Chemso
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Hashes of Hashes of Array

Hi folks, I have a structure as mentioned below in a configuration file. <Component> Comp1: { item1:data,someUniqueAttribute; item2:data,someUniqueAttribute, } Comp2: { item3:data,someUniqueAttribute; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckv84
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk array sort

I have a file as below Input File: 5/11/2012, dir1, 134 5/11/2012, dir2, 2341 5/11/2012, dir3, 2134 5/11/2012, dir4, 2334 5/12/2012, dir1, 234 5/12/2012, dir2, 2341 5/12/2012, dir3, 2334 5/13/2012, dir1, 234 5/13/2012, dir2, 2341 5/13/2012, dir3, 2334 5/13/2012, dir4, 21134 Now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : array of hashes help

Hi, I have array of hashes and each key has array like below. @array1 = ( { 'url' => , 'bill' => }, { 'url' => , 'bill' => }, { 'url' => , ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragilla
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl hash of hashes anonymous array

Hello experts. I'm having problems with a snippet of code. I was hoping to get help/advice to correct. A file that this script parses has changed to the point where I can no longer use a scalar, it looks as though I need to create an array for a hash of hashes below. The first output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timj123
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array length: ls and sort

Hi there, I'm listing files and sorting them. When I try to get length of array variable in which these files are stored I get 1 as value. That's weird. files_info="$(find $input_dir -name "*_CHR$i.info" | sort )" printf ${#files_info}"\n" #print length #--loop through... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort multidimensional Array

Hello I have a problem. I create a Multidimensional Array Like this: ENTRY="$kunnum-$host" ENTRY="$host" ENTRY="# $3" for key in "${!ENTRY}"; do ENTRIES=${ENTRY} # INDEX=IP(5) donedeclare -p declare -A ENTRIES=(="unas15533" ="unas" ="# RDP-Terminal 2"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
12 Replies
XmScaleSetTicks(library call)											     XmScaleSetTicks(library call)

NAME
XmScaleSetTicks -- A Scale function that controls tick marks SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Scale.h> void XmScaleSetTicks( Widget scale, int big_every, Cardinal num_medium, Cardinal num_small, Dimension size_big, Dimension size_medium, Dimension size_small); DESCRIPTION
XmScaleSetTicks controls the number, location, and size of the tick marks on a Scale. Each tick mark is a SeparatorGadget oriented perpen- dicular to the Scale's orientation. For example, if the Scale is oriented horizontally, the tick marks will be oriented vertically. If you specify tick marks for a Scale and then change the Scale's orientation, you will have to do the following: o Remove all the tick marks. To remove tick marks from a Scale, you must destroy (with XtDestroyChildren) the SeparatorGadget tick marks. The first two children of a Scale are its title and scroll bar, and all additional children are tick marks. o Recreate the tick marks by calling XmScaleSetTicks. scale Specifies the Scale widget ID that is getting the tick marks. big_every Specifies the number of scale values between big ticks. num_medium Specifies the number of medium ticks between big values. num_small Specifies the number of small ticks between medium values. size_big Specifies the size (either width or height) of the big ticks. size_medium Specifies the size (either width or height) of the medium ticks. size_small Specifies the size (either width or height) of the small ticks. For a complete definition of Scale and its associated resources, see XmScale(3). RELATED
XmScale(3). XmScaleSetTicks(library call)