Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trivial Unix Architecture question Post 70939 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 5th of May 2005 01:55:11 PM
Old 05-05-2005
The only feasible way I have heard is thru internet-facing boxes which run Xwindows and use web access...via DNS attacks or overflow attacks.

Outside of that it is pretty hard to do imho...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trivial awk question

i posted a reply the other day and needed an answer to this question while i was clarifyiing a few matter.. "how to compare to date variable in string format without having to compare word for word".. my reply was to try to use awk to compare the strings.. I wasn't quite sure if i remembered how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Transfer that is not so trivial I guess

I have three computers A, B and C. To login to B and C I should use A because it has a SSH key. I don't have any other way of accessing these two computers. Now, if I need to transfer a file between B and C, I am unable to find a way that would work... because I don't know how to authenticate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Legend986
1 Replies

3. Programming

A trivial XOR doubt in a program

Hi, I am trying to reverse a string using the following program utilizing the Exclusive OR bit operation: int main() { char str = "Quraish"; char *p = str, temp; char *q = str + strlen(str) - 1; while ( p != q ) { if (*p != *q) { *p ^= *q; *q ^= *p; *p ^= *q;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in this trivial awk code

Hi, What is the difference in the following two awk one-liners? awk -F, '{s++} END {if (s == 1 && $4 > "09:10:00") {print $2, $4}}' f1 awk -F, '{s++} s == 1 && $4 > "09:10:00" {print $2, $4}' f1 Even though, all the 2nd column values have duplicate records, the first code does not give any... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. Programming

Trivial doubt about C function pointer

Hi, In the below C code, #include <stdio.h> void print() { printf("Hello\n"); } int main() { void (*f)() = (void (*)()) print; f(); (*f)(); } I wonder, how the syntaxes "f()" and "(*f)()" are treated as same without any error? Is this an improvement or ANSI/ISO... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A question about Unix Architecture.

I want to know the memory capacity and types of memories, processor and more... What kind of aplications this OS attends? Archicture/system classification (Hybrid, monolithic, multitasking, micro-kernel, layered, Another..? Explain it to me... I really need to understand and know that. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlissonManson
3 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies
Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory(3pm)

NAME
Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory - Simple ActiveDirectory authentication SYNOPSIS
use Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory; my $ad = Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory->new( host => 'ad.company.com', principal => 'company.com' ); if ( $ad->authenticate( $username, $password ) ) { # successfull authentication } # or as a mod_perl Authen handler PerlModule Authen::Simple::Apache PerlModule Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleActiveDirectory_host "ad.company.com" PerlSetVar AuthenSimpleActiveDirectory_principal "company.com" <Location /protected> PerlAuthenHandler Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Area" Require valid-user </Location> DESCRIPTION
Authenticate against Active Directory. This implementation differs from Authen::Simple::LDAP in way that it will try to bind directly as the users principial. METHODS
o new This method takes a hash of parameters. The following options are valid: o host Connection host, can be a hostname, IP number or a URI. Defaults to "localhost". host => ldap.company.com host => 10.0.0.1 host => ldap://ldap.company.com:389 host => ldaps://ldap.company.com o port Connection port, default to 389. May be overridden by host if host is a URI. port => 389 o timeout Connection timeout, defaults to 60. timeout => 60 o principal The suffix in users principal, usally the domain or forrest. Required. principal => 'company.com' o log Any object that supports "debug", "info", "error" and "warn". log => Log::Log4perl->get_logger('Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory') o authenticate( $username, $password ) Returns true on success and false on failure. SEE ALSO
Authen::Simple::LDAP. Authen::Simple. Net::LDAP. AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-23 Authen::Simple::ActiveDirectory(3pm)