Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to passing message along pipes?? Post 7092 by iminus on Tuesday 18th of September 2001 04:07:40 PM
Old 09-18-2001
Question how to passing message along pipes??

Dear All,
Would you tell me how I can passing a message along pipes?
I have built a token ring connected with pipes, but I don't know how to pass the message along it through the command line...
Thx.

Yours,
i-

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

What are the benchmark programs for Message passing?

Is there any benchmark programs for Message Passing like SPLASH-2 for Shared Memory. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Message passing to kerenel

i want to add a system call(successfuly added) and pass the message(which contains int and a string) /*code i used my program calling system call printmsg*/ message mm; mm.m1_i1=10; mm.m1_p1="hello"; printmsg(&mm); /*user library*/ printmsg(*m1) { printf("integer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kathir_dz
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

5. Programming

please help a problem in client-server ipc message 2 pipes communication simple example

I want to have a message send & receive through 2 half-duplex pipes Flow of data top half pipe stdin--->parent(client) fd1--->pipe1-->child(server) fd1 bottom half pipe child(server) fd2---->pipe2--->parent(client) fd2--->stdout I need to have boundary structed message... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouou
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Message passing toolkit

Hello, Has somebody download it before oracle deleted from support section? I tried dl it from: oracle.com/us/products/tools/message-passing-toolkit-070499.html Oracle Message Passing Toolkit but: section decommissioned. Same in support and edelivery I phoned to oracle support and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: time0ut
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing error message back to script

I have one script that calls another script during execution. The other script does some processing, then either returns with exit 0 (if successful), or exits with error code numbers (if failed). However, in addition to the error code, I would like for that second script to be able to pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AcerAspirant
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Message passing from child to parent using pipes

Hi, I am trying my hand in networking programming in C, and got stuck in piping. I was following some tutorial and did the forking like : while (1) { newsockfd = accept(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &cli_addr, &clilen); if (newsockfd < 0) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies
QUICKPLOT_SHELL(1)					      General Commands Manual						QUICKPLOT_SHELL(1)

NAME
quickplot_shell - a remote command line shell for quickplot SYNOPSIS
Usage: quickplot_shell [PID]|[-h|--help]|[QUICKPLOT_OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Quickplot is an interactive 2D plotter. It's primary focus is to interactively display 2D plots. quickplot_shell connects to a running Quickplot program. quickplot_shell provides a command line interface for most of the graphical user interfaces that are in the Quickplot program. quickplot_shell reads and writes to standard input and standard output respectively. When standard input is a tty device quick- plot_shell enables readline tab completion and history. If you would like to save your Quickplot shell history between sessions just cre- ate a .quickplot_history in your home directory with a command like `touch ~/.quickplot_history'. If the argument option PID is not given, quickplot_shell will launch Quickplot as a new process and connect to that new process. In this case Quickplot will be started with QUICKPLOT_OPTIONS if any are given. If PID is given, quickplot_shell will connect to a running Quickplot program with process ID PID. quickplot_shell sets up two named pipes, signals the running Quickplot program and writes commands and reads responses to and from the pipe. The named pipes will be unlinked as soon as they are connected, and hence will be removed automatically when the two programs are no longer running. quickplot_shell, the remote Quickplot shell, acts just like running quickplot --shell, a local Quickplot shell, but quickplot_shell runs as a separate process and talks to the Quickplot program using pipes, where as quickplot --shell runs one process with both the GUI and the shell with no pipes. You may connect as number of remote Quickplot shells to a Quickplot program. -h, --help display help and exit SEE ALSO
quickplot(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998-2011 Lance Arsenault Quickplot is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Quickplot is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Quickplot. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. AUTHOR
Lance Arsenault <lanceman@users.sourceforge.net> Send bug reports or comments to the above address. For more information, see the Quickplot homepage at <http://quickplot.sourceforge.net/>. Quickplot Version 0.10.3: 31 Jan 2012 03:27:29 UTC QUICKPLOT_SHELL(1)