Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Store return code of shell script in oracle table Post 70819 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 4th of May 2005 12:46:16 PM
Old 05-04-2005
You might be better off at the Oracle-related forum.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a oracle table using shell script

Hi, I would like to know how to update a table in Oracle database, if a command in one shell script either successfully completes or it fails.(like Y if its success or N if its a failure) While the command is running,I am able to view the log file created in the Unix machine.After the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ann_124
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a column in oracle table using shell script

Hi friends, i am having a variable declared in .profile.i am changing its value in a shell script and then i am connecting to oracle and then from there i am calling a .sql called update.sql STATUS is the variable declared in the .profile =============================== if sqlplus <<END... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to return an array of elements from oracle to shell script

Hi all, I have a interresting problem. My application is as follows: From a shell script i will conn to a oracle database and fetch few rows using a select statement. Then i want to sort these rows and return a column (collection of values of a column from the selected results) as array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Oracle return code in shell script

I am using the following code in my shell script list=`sqlplus -s $user/$pwd@$dbms<<EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select * from control_tbl where src_nm=$3 and extrct_nm=$4; exit SQL.SQLCODE; EOF` ERROR=$?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script from oracle store procedure

hi, this is urgent..can i run a shell script from store procedure without using java. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnabb4u
8 Replies

6. HP-UX

return code from oracle to unix script

Hi I'm writing a shell script that connects to oracle database and fires query to check the availability of data in a table. In case of no data found then what will be the return code and how to handle in that in variable. Kindly provide with an example for better understanding... Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store the return values of stored procedure in unix shell script.

hi i am calling a oracle stored procedure(in the database) from unix shell scripting (a.sh). the called stored procedure returns some values through OUT variables i want to assign the return values of stored procedure in to unix shell script variable. can you provide me the code. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barani75
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to export data from Oracle table .

Hi, I want to write a shell script which will export data from oracle table . I don't want to save that data . I want the queries . Right now i am right clicking on the table and clicking on export as to my desktop . Please let me know if any one have any idea . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed: UNIX shell variables to store Oracle table records

Hello Folks, I'm working on a requirement to automate the process of generating report(csv file) using metadata info stored in an Oracle table and E-mail it to respective people. Meta data table: Report_ID,Report_SUB_ID,Report_DB,Report_SQL,Report_to_email_Id 1,1,DEV,'select * From... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
2 Replies
OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)													    OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

oci_set_client_info - Sets the client information

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_client_info (resource $connection, string $client_info) DESCRIPTION
Sets the client information for Oracle tracing. The client information is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The client information can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $client_info - User chosen string up to 64 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the client information <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the client information oci_set_client_info($c, 'My Application Version 2'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the client // information: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select client_info from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_CLIENT_INFO(3)