Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Serial Ports, wacom tablet under unix Post 707 by PxT on Tuesday 9th of January 2001 12:44:29 PM
Old 01-09-2001
What vendor and version of Unix are you running? Which platform?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a modem on a serial accelerator ports

I had been using a modem installed on a Digi accelerator port to dial in to an SCO open server r5 server. On monday it quit working and I realy don't know how it was installed and configured. I have tested the modem on a PC and it works. The port the modem is connected to is ttyB06 and I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kikkin
1 Replies

2. Programming

Reading incoming data in serial ports

Hi every body, i have the following problem : I need to read incoming data from a serial port, this port has connected a weigth device to it that send the weigth and i need to read this data to my aplication, i had this problem in Window Enviroment and i resolve with a "C" routine, but in Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jricardorm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ports In Unix

Please could some one tell me how to open a port in unix or to check if a port is open. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bountyhunter
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

how to access ports in UNIX

How to access to COM1 Port COM2 ports in UNIX is there any functions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting hung serial ports and peripheral devices.

Working in SunOS 2.6 without the GUI, I am trying to find out what command line syntax I can use to reset the serial port. I have also been curious how to reset peripheral devices without having to reboot the machine. If anyone has a cheat sheet for that, that would be great! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcherry
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

unix to unix serial connection question

hi there i'm a new bie just got few simple questions to ask. I got expert in windows configuration but totally new to unix environment . I want to make sure a com port (com1) is working, so I connect a 9-pin cable (CB9) for both PC using Unix environment (unix to unix). The question are (1)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: typsam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:controlling serial ports ?

Is it possible to write a perl program to controll the serial port? e.g. What iam trying to do, for a challenge is create a box with two lights. red and green, connect to a serial port and have a perl program to give me the options to turn on the red light or green light. Is this possilbe, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

8. Programming

Serial Ports - locking them, checking if they are open

Hi, I'm trying to fix up some serial code that was given to me by a coworker no longer on the project. Problem is, when the program is running and reading the port, I can take away the port by doing a cu command in another terminal window. When I release the cu, the program crashes, I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oak
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Help with serial ports.

Hi, This is my first post here. I would like to ask: how to connect the barcode scanner to the serial port? What are the names in the system (in / dev) and serialport1 serialport0? Please help with this. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftwojtek
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Renaming serial ports in unix

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I am by no means a unix expert, so I hope I explain my issue well. I'm on a mac (mac mini), 10.7. My question is about serial port names. I have an arduino microcontroller plugged in via usb, and every time the computer is shut down it gives the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: superliminal
0 Replies
dpkg-vendor(1)							    dpkg suite							    dpkg-vendor(1)

NAME
dpkg-vendor - queries information about distribution vendors SYNOPSIS
dpkg-vendor [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-vendor is a tool to query information about vendors listed in /etc/dpkg/origins. /etc/dpkg/origins/default contains information about the current vendor. COMMANDS
--is vendor Exits with 0 if the current vendor is vendor. Otherwise exits with non-zero. --derives-from vendor Exits with 0 if the current vendor distribution is a derivative of vendor, otherwise exits with non-zero. It uses the "Parent" field to browse all ancestors of the current vendor. --query field Print on standard output the value of the vendor-specific field for the current vendor. --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--vendor vendor Assumes the current vendor is vendor instead of discovering it with the DEB_VENDOR environment variable or /etc/dpkg/ori- gins/default. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_VENDOR This setting defines the current vendor. If not set, it will discover the current vendor by reading /etc/dpkg/origins/default. SEE ALSO
deb-origin(5). Debian Project 2011-11-10 dpkg-vendor(1)