Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix in a Windows environment issue Post 70664 by Just Ice on Monday 2nd of May 2005 09:44:12 PM
Old 05-02-2005
I've never seen a network setup specifically for either Windows or Unix or for both --- if there are any errors to be seen --- most errors will be normal TCP/IP-related errors that will be applicable to both platforms ... Microsoft networking protocols will add some errors but so will any network-aware applications running on either platform ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Transferring data to a windows environment using ftp

I need to transfer data from SCO Unix to a windows 2000 or 98 machine. The files are too big for doscp, and I can't get the right programs for transferring via kermit. So the next step, though perhaps more difficult, would be to set up an ethernet network and tranfer the data using ftp. I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccs8217
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to configure NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment...???

Hi, Can someone let me know the detail procedure for configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment....??? I would like to use any NTP Server on Windows Server & rest of the systems running with Solaris 10/9 & Linux be as NTP Client. All NTP Client should take the time from NTP Server... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
8 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Running UNIX in windows environment ?

Hi... I have planned to run UNIX application in window environment such as cygwin. Actually, I have download the "cygwin" software but there are some libraries are not applicable in the software. Due to that, anybody know any others unix sofware can be run in windows XP environment ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment.

configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment. Can anybody please explain the below table to monitor NTP daemon status This contains many columns like remote,refid,st....various values corresponding to those columns If possible provide me any link to study about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgand
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configuring NTP in Solaris/Windows/Linux environment.

Can anybody please explain the below table to monitor NTP daemon status This contains many columns like remote,refid,st....various values corresponding to those columns If possible provide me any link to study about these quantities clearly. It is very much required for my project please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgand
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Environment on Windows Machine

Hello World,:cool: Is there a Way to create a UNIX enviornment on Windows bases Machine for enchancing my Skills regarding UNIX scripting.:confused: I know a software name VMware but i dont know how to confiure it:rolleyes:. If this is the apporitate tool for UNIX please guide me the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue: Compress in unix server and FTP to windows and open the compress file using Winzip

Hi All ! We have to compress a big data file in unix server and transfer it to windows and uncompress it using winzip in windows. I have used the utility ZIP like the below. zip -e <newfilename> df2_test_extract.dat but when I compress files greater than 4 gb using zip utility, it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting started with windows and screens without desktop environment

Hi there, Hope the title is sufficiently self explaining. I have no idea how to start and where to start. I don't even know what keywords to google for. I need to build a machine : based on Debian without desktop environment with a quite powerful multi-monitor graphic card able to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue Regarding environment/.profile file

Hi All, I have my own .profile file and environment file. To execute some commands I always need to load some module using module command and change my environment files to project environment file (. /some/project/some/path/init.environ).Without changing my environment file to project file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Hostname in UNIX like environment in Windows (Cgwin, UWin)

Hi, I'm using UWIN (from at&t - a cygwin like environment) in my personal computer to show Unix like environment to someone new to Unix. Though UWin has Ksh command box, wanted to show Putty to that person. My question is. How to connect to Cygwin (or UWin) installed in personal computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
2 Replies
cmpt_get_peer_cid(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      cmpt_get_peer_cid(3)

NAME
cmpt_get_peer_cid(), cmpt_get_endpoint_cid() - get the compartment IDs for INET domain communications. SYNOPSIS
Parameters s INET domain socket or stream. DESCRIPTION
The and functions return the compartments associated with an INET domain transport endpoint (a socket or a stream). The function returns the compartment ID (cid) associated with the transport endpoint s. The cid of a transport endpoint is set to the process's cid at the time of creation, and does not change even when it is transferred between processes or the creating process changes its compartment. The function returns the compartment ID of the peer that the transport endpoint s is communicating with. For loopback communications, the cid is the one associated with the peer transport endpoint. For communications over a network interface, the peer cid is the one associ- ated with the network interface where communications are being received. For TCP communications, the peer cid is persistent once a connec- tion is established. For other protocols, the peer cid may change for each packet that is received. The function returns an error if a connection is not established (for TCP) or no communication has been received (for all other protocols). RETURN VALUE
and return the following values: Successful completion. The function returns a valid compartment ID. Function failed. is set to indicate the error from the underlying system call. ERRORS
See ioctl(2) for errors indicated by DEPENDENCIES
These functions are a part of the library. SEE ALSO
compartments(4), compartments(5). cmpt_get_peer_cid(3)