Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking and chaning directory permissions automatically Post 70511 by apachi on Friday 29th of April 2005 03:03:13 PM
Old 04-29-2005
Checking and chaning directory permissions automatically

Hi all,
My first post here.

I need a small script to check the directory permssions on my /home/uploads and if there are any newly created directory in uploads chmod them to 1777.

The upload directory is for my users who upload their pictures and I by default their directories are given 755. I dont' want to use umask as uploads is the only directory to be checked.

Does anyone know/have a bash script for doing this?
I'd appreciate any help. I've done my search but found nothing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking file's permissions and change them

Hi all, I am very new to UNIX and Shell scripting, I need to run a script to check for file's and directoires permissions and change the permissions if necessary. I appreciate your help.. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: K-ONE
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing files automatically from a directory after 30 days.

Hello; I have a directory that is collecting log and act files. I need to write a script that will remove these files once they are 30 days old. I have read through a number of threads on this site that have given me a great deal of information. However I have what seems to be a unique... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justinb_155
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine owner directory permissions from within the directory

From within a directory, how do I determine whether I have write permission for it. test -w pwd ; echo ? This doesn't work as it returns false, even though I have write permission. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for permissions of a file

Hi, I have a script called check.sh. I have to pass a file as input to this script. How can I validat whether the file has read permissions or not within the script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking permissions security

Can you help me to find a way to check that the level of the permissions givven to Others is not higher then the permission given to Group that is not higer from Owner permissions ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Load data from all files in directory

I'm new in Unix shell scripting and i need someone to help me to make Script that run all time watching my directory that files uploaded to it via FTP (/mydir/incoming_files), if any files exists in it then (if many files exists, then sort files and load them ascending) it‘ll checks the size of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_fighter
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking Permissions of file for OTHERS and GROUP

Hi, Is their a way to check the read and execute permission on a file on OTHERS and GROUP rwxr--r-x I am trying something like: if ( || ) then .... fi The code above only checks the permissions of the owner of the file but not for the GROUP and OTHERS. I will really... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically execute all programs in a directory

Hello. The last days I extended an open-source C++ library by some faster functions. This library provides a lot of short test programs which guarantee that the library works exactly. The compilation of each test works in a Makefile automatically. What I need is a shell script which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max3000
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking directory permissions on UNIX directory

Hi, How do i check if I have read/write/execute rights on a UNIX directory? What I'm doing is checking read access on the files but i also want to check if user has rights on the direcory in whcih these files are present. if then...... And I check if the directory exists by using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Directory Permissions for 2 users on 1 directory

we want to allow user to FTP files into a directory, and then the program (PLSQL) will read and process the file, and then move the file to other directory for archiving. the user id: uftp1, group: ftp the program run in oracle database, thus have the user Id: oraprod, group: dba how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siakhooi
2 Replies
Mojo::Upload(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mojo::Upload(3pm)

NAME
Mojo::Upload - Upload container SYNOPSIS
use Mojo::Upload; my $upload = Mojo::Upload->new; say $upload->filename; $upload->move_to('/home/sri/foo.txt'); DESCRIPTION
Mojo::Upload is a container for uploads. ATTRIBUTES
Mojo::Upload implements the following attributes. "asset" my $asset = $upload->asset; $upload = $upload->asset(Mojo::Asset::File->new); Asset containing the uploaded data, defaults to a Mojo::Asset::File object. "filename" my $filename = $upload->filename; $upload = $upload->filename('foo.txt'); Name of the uploaded file. "headers" my $headers = $upload->headers; $upload = $upload->headers(Mojo::Headers->new); Headers for upload, defaults to a Mojo::Headers object. "name" my $name = $upload->name; $upload = $upload->name('foo'); Name of the upload. METHODS
Mojo::Upload inherits all methods from Mojo::Base and implements the following new ones. "move_to" $upload->move_to('/home/sri/foo.txt'); Alias for "move_to" in Mojo::Asset::File. "size" my $size = $upload->size; Alias for "size" in Mojo::Asset::File. "slurp" my $string = $upload->slurp; Alias for "slurp" in Mojo::Asset::File. SEE ALSO
Mojolicious, Mojolicious::Guides, <http://mojolicio.us>. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-05 Mojo::Upload(3pm)