Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to archive certain folders in a hierarchy Post 70375 by RiMKa on Thursday 28th of April 2005 09:18:17 AM
Old 04-28-2005
shell script..

Hi,

This should do the job :

#!/bin/sh
WD=/home/slava/forum

TODAY=`date +%d%m%y`

cd "$WD"
for YEAR in `ls -d 2???`
do

cd "$WD/$YEAR"
for PROJECT in `ls -d ???-?*`
do

if [ -d "$WD/$YEAR/$PROJECT/1-Current Drawings" ]
then

cd "$WD/$YEAR/$PROJECT"
tar cfv \
"1-Current Drawings.$TODAY.tar" \
"1-Current Drawings" >/dev/null
mkdir -p "$WD/$YEAR/$PROJECT/4-Archived Drawings"
mv "1-Current Drawings.$TODAY.tar" \
"$WD/$YEAR/$PROJECT/4-Archived Drawings/"
fi
done
done

Slava R.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Why are so many dirs used in solaris hierarchy?

Hi all, I would like to know the difference between the different dir structures present in solaris!!! Meaning what does /usr contain, /etc ,/opt/ ,so on... I know what /usr and /etc are used for. But why are /opt /bin /sbin /var and many more that i have missed I would appreciate if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script calling hierarchy

If a.sh calls b.sh, how can we know inside b.sh that it was called by a.sh? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitu_inmage
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Archive Folders in T-Shell

Hi i am new to Unix Shell Programming... i m just a beginner and i m training myself in Unix.... I need a sample code to archive folders in my Windows OS using Unix commands... Can someone Help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aegan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive different folders based on their names

This is my first post so ... be gentle:) Hello I have several folders that are backed up daily in following format: /back_YY.MM.DD/backup1/* ........................./backup2/* I looking a script to archive and rename all backup folders bazed on root folder... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilibit
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive files to different target folders based on criteria

Hi All, I am creting archive script in which i need to split the source file's to different target folder's based on the input file name first character. Input1.txt -- will contains file names that are needs to be Archive. Input1.txt A1213355 B2255666 C2254555 A6655444 C5566445 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archive folders and sub folders

Hi Can i archive folder and folders in with the tar command My files are located in subfolders Eg: Folder1/Folder1_1/*.pdf Folder1/Folder1_2/*.pdf Folder1/Folder1_3/*.pdf so i would like to tar all the files in Folder1_1 and Folder1_2 only not Folder1_3 that should be done next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Building hierarchy with the list

Hi All, Sorry for more question today. I am having a text file . Like below 704925680_TOTAL->MANUAL->TT IOR GSB 775116444_TOTAL->POO TO->TT -572275295_TOTAL->MANUAL->MTO -611408278_TOTAL->PRIE LEL 456690129_TOTAL->BTT TOO 475919266_TOTAL->MANUAL->COM -172680236_TOTAL->BTT TOO->MTO... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and +pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)