Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6. Post 70351 by thecobolguy on Thursday 28th of April 2005 12:38:09 AM
Old 04-28-2005
Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends,

I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems:

(a) How to configure the modem?
(b) How to setup a Dial-In connection?
(c) How to setup a Dial-Out connection?
(d) How to configure FTP to receive files in the directory of my choice, allow selective users, allow read/write permissions to Dial-in users etc. ?
(e) How to send and get files through FTP from remote servers?

An early reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards

TCG.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nescape & dial up networking "Linux"

Sorry I need to Know How to connect to the Internet using Netscape in the GUI of the Red Hat Linux .....using phone line with a modem Us robbitics ....Such as in windows We add dial up adapter etc ......:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial Up Server on RH 7.1

Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible to set up a Dial Up server on a Red Hat 7.1 Instalation so that friends/colleagues can dial into my computer and log in (eg. SLIP/PPP)? Or if i'd have to download any other software with which to do this. And if so, where would I find something good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Dial Up in FreeBSD 4.10

Hi, I just came to visit my folks and they dont have a wireless network setup in the house, so I have to connect to the net using my dial up modem. Unfortunately my windows seems to be quite buggy lately (...assuming it ever worked flalessly), so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-up connection

Hi all. I am running a C++ program on UNIX which needs days to finish but my dial-up connection disconnects after 4 hours. Is there any way for the program to keep running until it finishes after I log out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegas503
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-Up Modem

Im using Kinternet with a Lucent modem on Suse 9.0 Ive installed the ltmodem driver and suse says the device is ready and configured. Ive configured it at /dev/ttyS0 This is the log that Kinternet gives after trying to connect: SuSE Meta pppd (smpppd-ifcfg), Version 1.06 on linux. Status... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + Dial-up = ???

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if i can run Unix to the internet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slade
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dial-up internet

Hi, I want to know working of dial-up internet on the PC. Please tell me how internet connection and ip address assigning happened. I know all this procedure in the broadband internet. But I confused for the 'dial-up' and 'internet in mobile'. I am eagarly wait for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
6 Replies

8. Linux

Dial-up Networking

I use Red-Hat 8.0, with Gnome, and I have a dial-up internet connection. My phone-line however is zero-dial. At first I have to dial 0 to get the dial tone, and later the number of my service provider.How do I change my settings to accomodate this ? I tried prefixing the number with 0 and 0, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting for wvdial for dial-up

:cool:is there a way to script wvdail to save in a file the speed of the dailup and the time spent online, to be looked at later to compare what ISP's says????? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayburke30
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Carrier Detection in Solaris 8 for Dial in and Null Modem Connections

I am having troubles with carrier detection for dialing in via a modem or direct connection via a null modem connection under Solaris 8 (i.e. login session remains active after the modem disconnects). I tried two different dumb modems (which do not respond to AT commands) on the machine that I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
6 Replies
dial(3C)																  dial(3C)

NAME
dial(), undial() - establish an outgoing terminal line connection SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function returns a file descriptor for a terminal line open for read/write. The argument to is a structure (defined in the header file). When finished with the terminal line, the calling program must invoke to release the semaphore that has been set during the allocation of the terminal device. The definition of in the header file is: elements are as follows: speed Intended only for use with an outgoing dialed call, in which case its value should be either 300 or 1200 to identify the 113A modem, or the high- or low-speed setting on the 212A modem. Note that the 113A modem or the low-speed setting of the 212A modem transmits at any rate between 0 and 300 bits per second. However, the high-speed setting of the 212A modem transmits and receives at 1200 bits per second only. baud Desired transmission baud rate. For example, one might set baud to 110 and speed to 300 (or 1200). However, if speed is set to 1200, baud must be set to high(1200). line If the desired terminal line is a direct line, a string pointer to its device name should be placed in the line element in the structure. Legal values for such terminal device names are kept in the file. In this case, the value of the baud element need not be specified as it will be determined from the file. telno A pointer to a character string representing the telephone number to be dialed. Such numbers can consist only of symbols described below. The termination symbol is supplied by the function, and should not be included in the telno string passed to in the structure. Permissible Codes Dial Dial Dial 4-second delay for second dial tone End of number Wait for secondary dial tone Flash off-hook for 1 second modem Specifies modem control for direct lines. Set to non-zero if modem control is required. attr Pointer to a structure, as defined in the header file. A NULL value for this pointer element can be passed to the func- tion, but if such a structure is included, the elements specified in it are set for the outgoing terminal line before the connection is established. This is often important for certain attributes such as parity and baud rate. device Holds the device name that establishes the connection. dev_len Length of the device name that is copied into the array device. RETURN VALUE
On failure, a negative value indicating the reason for the failure is returned. Mnemonics for these negative indices as listed here are defined in the header file. WARNINGS
Including the header file automatically includes the header file. The above routine uses which causes unexpected increases in the size of programs that otherwise do not use standard I/O. The function will modify the values of some of the fields of the structure so if is reinvoked, it will reinitialize the values of the structure. FILES
SEE ALSO
uucp(1), alarm(2), read(2), write(2), thread_safety(5), termio(7). UUCP tutorial in dial(3C)