Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6. Post 70351 by thecobolguy on Thursday 28th of April 2005 12:38:09 AM
Old 04-28-2005
Dial-Out & Dial-In Connections in OpenServer 5.0.6.

Friends,

I am facing a problem in connecting two SCO Openserver 5.0.6 servers through Dial-Up connectivity as is done in the case of two Windows PCs. Please help me out with the following problems:

(a) How to configure the modem?
(b) How to setup a Dial-In connection?
(c) How to setup a Dial-Out connection?
(d) How to configure FTP to receive files in the directory of my choice, allow selective users, allow read/write permissions to Dial-in users etc. ?
(e) How to send and get files through FTP from remote servers?

An early reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards

TCG.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nescape & dial up networking "Linux"

Sorry I need to Know How to connect to the Internet using Netscape in the GUI of the Red Hat Linux .....using phone line with a modem Us robbitics ....Such as in windows We add dial up adapter etc ......:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial Up Server on RH 7.1

Hello, I'd like to know if it is possible to set up a Dial Up server on a Red Hat 7.1 Instalation so that friends/colleagues can dial into my computer and log in (eg. SLIP/PPP)? Or if i'd have to download any other software with which to do this. And if so, where would I find something good... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Dial Up in FreeBSD 4.10

Hi, I just came to visit my folks and they dont have a wireless network setup in the house, so I have to connect to the net using my dial up modem. Unfortunately my windows seems to be quite buggy lately (...assuming it ever worked flalessly), so I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PenguinDevil
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-up connection

Hi all. I am running a C++ program on UNIX which needs days to finish but my dial-up connection disconnects after 4 hours. Is there any way for the program to keep running until it finishes after I log out? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegas503
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dial-Up Modem

Im using Kinternet with a Lucent modem on Suse 9.0 Ive installed the ltmodem driver and suse says the device is ready and configured. Ive configured it at /dev/ttyS0 This is the log that Kinternet gives after trying to connect: SuSE Meta pppd (smpppd-ifcfg), Version 1.06 on linux. Status... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + Dial-up = ???

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if i can run Unix to the internet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slade
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dial-up internet

Hi, I want to know working of dial-up internet on the PC. Please tell me how internet connection and ip address assigning happened. I know all this procedure in the broadband internet. But I confused for the 'dial-up' and 'internet in mobile'. I am eagarly wait for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
6 Replies

8. Linux

Dial-up Networking

I use Red-Hat 8.0, with Gnome, and I have a dial-up internet connection. My phone-line however is zero-dial. At first I have to dial 0 to get the dial tone, and later the number of my service provider.How do I change my settings to accomodate this ? I tried prefixing the number with 0 and 0, and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting for wvdial for dial-up

:cool:is there a way to script wvdail to save in a file the speed of the dailup and the time spent online, to be looked at later to compare what ISP's says????? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayburke30
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Carrier Detection in Solaris 8 for Dial in and Null Modem Connections

I am having troubles with carrier detection for dialing in via a modem or direct connection via a null modem connection under Solaris 8 (i.e. login session remains active after the modem disconnects). I tried two different dumb modems (which do not respond to AT commands) on the machine that I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
6 Replies
MEASERL(1)						    Voicetronix Telephony Tools 						MEASERL(1)

NAME
measerl - Measure the echo-return loss on Voicetronix telephony hardware SYNOPSIS
measerl [options] DESCRIPTION
The measerl utility tests the echo-return loss on the phone line. For hardware that supports it, it can scan through bybrid balance regis- ter settings to help establish a lower ERL. Having a lower ERL improves DTMF cutthrough and audio quality. The software echo cancellation needs at least -6dB before it can make a difference. FXS (station) ports should perform this test using the --nohook option with the handset already off hook and the microphone muted. FXO (trunk) ports will answer to an incoming call. A series of tones will be played down the line to determine the ERL in several parts of the audio spectrum. You should avoid creating any other noise on the line while this test is running, or the results may be skewed. OPTIONS
The following options are available: --help, -? Show summary of options. --card number Explicitly select the card to test. Default is card 0. --port number Explicitly select the port to test. Default is port 0 of the card being tested. --nohook Use this option for testing station (FXS) ports. --offhook Take an FXO port off hook immediately. Don't wait for an incoming ring. --bal1 value --bal2 value --bal3 value Set codec hybrid balance registers. Only for hardware which explicitly supports that. --ec Enable the echo canceller. --pg gain Set codec play gain. Values may range from -12.0 to 12.0. --rg gain Set codec record gain. Values may range from -12.0 to 12.0. --dial port Dial out another port on the same card. --dial port number Dial number from port on the same card. --scan file start end step Scan the hybrid balance register settings from start to end in increments of step, recording the results to file. Only for hardware that explicitly permits setting these registers. Valid values for the start and end are in the range 0 - 255. --autoscan Automatically scan the codec balance values. --handset Proto handset mode. --loop Enable software loopback. --hostecho Enable the host based echo canceller. SEE ALSO
vpbecho(1), ringstat(1) AUTHOR
Ron Lee, Peter Wintulich, David Rowe, Voicetronix <support@voicetronix.com.au> This manual page was written by Ron <ron@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). VPB driver package Jan 4, 2007 MEASERL(1)