Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not the usual ftp script question Post 70307 by cstovall on Wednesday 27th of April 2005 11:26:00 AM
Old 04-27-2005
Perderabo,

Thank you for the script. I am still a novice at shell scripting, so please bear with me. I tried running the script, and I received the following errors. Is this datecalc another script or builtin ksh function ?

./ftptest1.ksh
./ftptest1.ksh[4]: datecalc: not found
./ftptest1.ksh[13]: day_of_quarter=today - quarter_start +1: bad number

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - shell script question

Hi All, I had a question on something which i have trying to add to my current shell script which does FTP of files from my local machine to a remote server. I have 5 files which i zip and FTP them on daily basis to a remote server. My script is as below: ############################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl or bash script that will generate a higher than usual load

Hi, please advise what function in perl or system call in shell that will generate cpu usage that is higher than usual? I would like make such a script, to test a monitoring feature. TIA. Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

4. Programming

Java double subtraction oddity (not the usual rounding discrepancy)

I've been going through a java tutorial, and ran across some strangeness in this small example... class SqrRoot { public static void main(String args) { double num,sroot,rerr,resquare; for(num = 1.0; num < 100.0; num++) { sroot = Math.sqrt(num); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trones
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

repeating ftp script question

so i got this request to do this: - Script should check for the file ever 15 minutes on the FTP server…if the file is not found, then the whole script exits. File will only be created one a week at random. i have gotten this far, but am kind of stuck, also sleep command doesnt work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapatur23
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Copy via samba on vmware workstation with Solaris taking much longer than usual

i have a vmware workstation with solaris 10 installed on this. i copying 2 gb data via samba from windows to this vmware workstation. copy speed is 24 kb/sec. how i can speed up this copy process ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
7 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)