Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: timeout problem
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory timeout problem Post 70278 by RTM on Wednesday 27th of April 2005 08:39:14 AM
Old 04-27-2005
If the server you are connecting to is running a program to kill off idle users, then your only option is not to be idle. There isn't a parameter to set on your side to change that.

You might also want to read the Rules - # 4 would be appropriate.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

timeout

How can I kick a user out after being idle for a certain amount of time, would prefer not to use scripts, will TMOUT work on HP-UX? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Solaris

About the Timeout

Hello everyone I am a new one,I want to know how to get the solaris force the loginer out if he do not in a time thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyh003473
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

timeout opening writing control channel /dev/initctl problem occur i cant shoudown

Hi... This is message that occurs when i am trying to shutdown the linux system timeout opening writing control channel /dev/initctl how can i shutdown what is the problem here.. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set timeout?

When I run a script where the 1st parameter is ip address ftp -n -i -v $1 I hang here if the ip is wrong how to set a timeout something like if (20s not complete "ftp -n -i -v $1") then echo "error" fi Thanks a lot. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: uativan
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp expect timeout problem

hello All, I am doing SFTP using expect. We just change our server from sun solaris 8 to sun solaris 10. The script was working good on sun solaris 8. But it is giving problem on 10. from shell, SFTP is working fine.Please help me. What can be the problem. LIB_sftp_get() { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXCEPT timeout problem

i am trying to write an except script to ssh into a list of devices and run some commands, and i came across this problem, not every device is alive, which breaks the script, my script looks like this #!/usr/bin/expect # set defaults set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Freezing, Request Timeout - performance problem

Hi, The server is Redhat 5 32bit. It is not easy to produce the problem so I will just write the experienced problems not how it is produced. 1) During login, it shows the last login time and then waits for 3-4 seconds to give shell prompt (considerable) 2) Sometimes the connection window... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a Timeout

Hi I'm writing a script which based on a condition, restarts a set of servers. The problem I'm facing is, say if one of the server is down, my script stops there and fails to proceed. How can I ensure to set a timeout value on that script, so when the server is not reachable, the script should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathbalaji
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect timeout

Hello, I'm doing a simple script with expect (a telnet which works without user/pass), and I want to put a condition if timeout happens, then to print a message, but it doesn't work. The script looks like below: #!/usr/bin/expect log_user 0 set timeout 10 spawn telnet IP PORT send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow19
3 Replies
AXCTL(8)						   Linux System Managers Manual 						  AXCTL(8)

NAME
axctl - Configure/Kill running AX.25 connections. SYNOPSIS
axctl [-v] port dest src window|t1|t2|t3|n2|idle|paclen|kill [parm] DESCRIPTION
The axctl command is designed to be a multi-function command that allows miscellaneous commands to be issued to the Linux AX.25 protocol layer for existing AX.25 connections. The connection is uniquely identified via the combination of port, destination callsign and source callsign, with that information the kernel is able to change the parameters, or abort the connection. Many of the options are similar to those found in axparms and perform the same function. Only one parameter may be changed on each invoka- tion of axctl. OPTIONS
-v Displays the version number. window window Sets the window size for the AX.25 connection. t1 t1-timeout Sets the initial T1 timeout value for the AX.25 connection, the value is given in seconds. t2 t2-timeout Sets the T2 timeout value for the AX.25 connection, the value is given in seconds. t3 t3-timeout Sets the T3 timeout value for the AX.25 connected, the value is given in seconds. n2 n2-count Sets the maximum number of tries for the AX.25 connection. idle idle-timeout Sets the value for the idle timer for the AX.25 connection, the value is in minutes. paclen paclength Sets the maximum packet length that may be transmitted on the AX.25 connection. kill Will abort an existing AX.25 connection. FILES
/etc/ax25/axports SEE ALSO
call(1), getsockopt(2), setsockopt(2), ax25(4), axparms(8), axports(5). AUTHORS
Joerg Reuter DL1BKE <jreuter@poboxes.com> Linux 2 August 1996 AXCTL(8)