Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle 9i on Unix
Top Forums Programming Oracle 9i on Unix Post 7020 by gerald_agoi on Monday 17th of September 2001 06:12:28 PM
Old 09-17-2001
Thanx...done all that is required but the network is too slow...i hope this relates to hardware upgrade now...i'll let you know of the latest results...

Regards
Gerald

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle and Unix

Hi I am having trouble with a script to export individual schemas to tape from an oracle database. Basicaly I need to export each shema through a pipe with compression and store each shema name in a file with the relevant tape marker. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle to MySQL through Unix

Hello All, I'm a complete Unix newbie, and I have been asked to provide a solution for the following opportunity: Currently there is an Oracle database residing on a Unix box that I need to connect to on a regular basis from another Unix box. Upon connecting I need to hit multiple tables and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z24_2000
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Restore of oracle 8i from hp unix 11.0 to HP unix 11i

Hi, We are planning to migrate oracle 8.1.7.2 (8i) currently installed on a host with HP unix 11.0 to a host with HP Unix 11i. The method we are adopting is backup and restore of all file systems. Could this be a problem, apart from linking libraries on the target system. Thanks for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix + Oracle

Hello people, at the moment, I have a database server running HP-UX and Oracle. From time to time, I need to extract data from oracle, and then do some data management (Awk, sed) within unix. At the moment, what I do is to copy the output from my oracle query and then paste into a file on another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Oracle

Through a shell script ... I am invoking sql plus.. Code is as follows... echo " set feedback off verify off pagesize 0 select column from table " | sqlplus -s/@dbname | read var_col Now if oracle throws an exception for above select statement ...then how can i catch it ?... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix for oracle

Hi unixers, :) Anyone have any links or online tutorials for Shell Scripting with respect to Oracle . Any example of script calling any Oracle procedure or function or passing parameters is highly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle to unix

how can i safely transfer a oracle database to a unix system thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djbilly
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix-oracle

Hallo Friends, My script looks like this: #!/bin/ksh set -x ######################################################################### # # Name: # statistics.ksh # # Details: # Performs a series of queries on the database to analyse application performance; # reports on backlog of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
2 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle/UNIX

How do you combine the two language. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
1 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
Connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. BuildDSN Customized version of "BuildDSN" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle method. Takes additional argument SID. Database argument used unless SID provided. Two forms of DSN are generated depending on whether Host defined or not: dbi:Oracle:sid=<SID>;host=...[;port=...] dbi:Oracle:<SID> Read details in documentation for DBD::Oracle module. Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. InsertFromSelect Customization of "InsertFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Unlike other DBs Oracle needs: o id generated from sequences for every new record. o query wrapping in parens. NOTE that on Oracle there is a limitation on the query. Every column in the result should have unique name or alias, for example the following query would generate "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error: SELECT g.id, u.id FROM ... Solve with aliases: SELECT g.id AS group_id, u.id AS user_id FROM ... KnowsBLOBs Returns 1 if the current database supports inserts of BLOBs automatically. Returns undef if the current database must be informed of BLOBs for inserts. BLOBParams FIELD_NAME FIELD_TYPE Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). ApplyLimits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; DistinctQuery STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. BinarySafeBLOBs Return undef, as Oracle doesn't support binary-safe CLOBS DatabaseVersion Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBI. SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT tzname FROM v$timezone_names; Read Oracle's docs about timezone files: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10749/ch4datetime.htm#i1006667 AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::SearchBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)