Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle 9i on Unix
Top Forums Programming Oracle 9i on Unix Post 7020 by gerald_agoi on Monday 17th of September 2001 06:12:28 PM
Old 09-17-2001
Thanx...done all that is required but the network is too slow...i hope this relates to hardware upgrade now...i'll let you know of the latest results...

Regards
Gerald

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle and Unix

Hi I am having trouble with a script to export individual schemas to tape from an oracle database. Basicaly I need to export each shema through a pipe with compression and store each shema name in a file with the relevant tape marker. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle to MySQL through Unix

Hello All, I'm a complete Unix newbie, and I have been asked to provide a solution for the following opportunity: Currently there is an Oracle database residing on a Unix box that I need to connect to on a regular basis from another Unix box. Upon connecting I need to hit multiple tables and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z24_2000
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

Restore of oracle 8i from hp unix 11.0 to HP unix 11i

Hi, We are planning to migrate oracle 8.1.7.2 (8i) currently installed on a host with HP unix 11.0 to a host with HP Unix 11i. The method we are adopting is backup and restore of all file systems. Could this be a problem, apart from linking libraries on the target system. Thanks for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix + Oracle

Hello people, at the moment, I have a database server running HP-UX and Oracle. From time to time, I need to extract data from oracle, and then do some data management (Awk, sed) within unix. At the moment, what I do is to copy the output from my oracle query and then paste into a file on another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Oracle

Through a shell script ... I am invoking sql plus.. Code is as follows... echo " set feedback off verify off pagesize 0 select column from table " | sqlplus -s/@dbname | read var_col Now if oracle throws an exception for above select statement ...then how can i catch it ?... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix for oracle

Hi unixers, :) Anyone have any links or online tutorials for Shell Scripting with respect to Oracle . Any example of script calling any Oracle procedure or function or passing parameters is highly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle to unix

how can i safely transfer a oracle database to a unix system thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djbilly
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix-oracle

Hallo Friends, My script looks like this: #!/bin/ksh set -x ######################################################################### # # Name: # statistics.ksh # # Details: # Performs a series of queries on the database to analyse application performance; # reports on backlog of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
2 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle/UNIX

How do you combine the two language. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
1 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)