Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not the usual ftp script question Post 70191 by Perderabo on Tuesday 26th of April 2005 04:01:37 PM
Old 04-26-2005
You should consider switching to ksh. This would be easy with a co-process.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP - shell script question

Hi All, I had a question on something which i have trying to add to my current shell script which does FTP of files from my local machine to a remote server. I have 5 files which i zip and FTP them on daily basis to a remote server. My script is as below: ############################... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl or bash script that will generate a higher than usual load

Hi, please advise what function in perl or system call in shell that will generate cpu usage that is higher than usual? I would like make such a script, to test a monitoring feature. TIA. Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

4. Programming

Java double subtraction oddity (not the usual rounding discrepancy)

I've been going through a java tutorial, and ran across some strangeness in this small example... class SqrRoot { public static void main(String args) { double num,sroot,rerr,resquare; for(num = 1.0; num < 100.0; num++) { sroot = Math.sqrt(num); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trones
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

repeating ftp script question

so i got this request to do this: - Script should check for the file ever 15 minutes on the FTP server…if the file is not found, then the whole script exits. File will only be created one a week at random. i have gotten this far, but am kind of stuck, also sleep command doesnt work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapatur23
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Copy via samba on vmware workstation with Solaris taking much longer than usual

i have a vmware workstation with solaris 10 installed on this. i copying 2 gb data via samba from windows to this vmware workstation. copy speed is 24 kb/sec. how i can speed up this copy process ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
7 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)