Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reverse *
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reverse * Post 70137 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 26th of April 2005 07:40:03 AM
Old 04-26-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmathshaikh
when I do
$ ls z*
List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake Smilie
$ ls ztr
should be same as
$ ls ztr*
$ ls zt*
$ ls z*
for listing files NOT begining with a 'z':
ls [!z]*

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Display

I need to display a line in an xterm window but i want to revese the colors so that the background color becomes the foreground color and the foreground color the background color. I want to do this as part of ksh script. Can somebody tell me how to do this ? Thanks, Abu. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcose
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse of basename

Hi, Can someone let me know how to find the reverse of the basename i.e i have /apps/tiv/pmon/xxxx.dat and I want /apps/tiv/pmon/ Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse FTP

Hi Everybody, I want to write a script in unix which will automatically FTP a .txt file from my client machine D: drive(Windows) That is I want to FTP a file from my PC to UNIX box but this should be done from UNIX box by a shell script. (i.e. I will invoke the script in UNIX and FTP will be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse sort

Hello, How do i sort a csv file. i should be sorting column1(varchar),column2*(varchar) in ascending and column4 in descending order(numeric datatype). I tried few combinations of sort, but doesn't seem to be getting the right result. sort -t "," -k 1 -k 2 -k 4nr file any help is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse multiword

Just check out the script... 1 #!/bin/bash 2 3 echo -n "Enter a string :: " 4 read str 5 echo -n "Reverse is :: " 6 l=`expr length "$str"` 7 while 8 do 9 m=`echo $str | cut -c "$l"` 10 echo -n $m 11 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse matching

Hello guys How can I use egrep to match word1 but not word2...word1. What I mean suppose that I have the following text, and my word1=pizza and word2=eat I hate to eat pizza because I ma eating it each day Pizza is good I like vegetarian and Italian Pizza eating healthy food is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdc2suxs
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse of a string

Hi All, I have a String str="Manish". I would like to reverse it. I know the option to do this in bash is: echo "Manish" | rev but I have seen an alternate solution somewhere, which states that: str="Manish" echo $str | awk '{ for(i=length($0);i>=1;i--) printf("%s",substr($0,i,1));... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse sort

Hello, I have a large list of names and would like to do a reverse sort on them i.e. the sort should be by the ending and not by the beginning of the word. I had written in awk a small script but it does wrong things { for(i=length($0);i>=1;i--) printf("%s/n",substr($0,i,1)); } Could anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse even lines

I'm trying to reverse every even line in my file using the awk command below but it prints only the odd lines but nothing else: $ awk '(NR % 2) {print}; !(NR % 2) {print | "rev";}' myfile Any idea what I might have done wrong? Thank you. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
10 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)