Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting updating a column in a unix table for a particular row Post 70120 by zazzybob on Tuesday 26th of April 2005 02:18:29 AM
Old 04-26-2005
Replace awk with nawk.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a column in oracle table using shell script

Hi friends, i am having a variable declared in .profile.i am changing its value in a shell script and then i am connecting to oracle and then from there i am calling a .sql called update.sql STATUS is the variable declared in the .profile =============================== if sqlplus <<END... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating table on UNIX server using SFTP

Hi, I have a requirement where in I have to connect to an Unix database server using SFTP. After connecting I have to write some data to one of the tables in UNIX. Can anyone tell me the UNIX commands to open and update database table. Thanks, Pallavi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pallavi_gondkar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting row with max column value using awk or unix

Hello, BC106081_abc_128240811_128241377 7.96301 BC106081_abc_128240811_128241377 39.322 BC106081_cde_128240811_128241377 1.98628 BC106081_def_128240811_128241377 -2.44492 BC106081_abc_128240811_128241377 69.5504 FLJ00075_xyz_14406_16765 -0.173417 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script: Traverse Database Table Row by Row

Hello Everyone, My issue is that I want to traverse a database table row by row and do some action on the value retrieved in each row. I have gone through a lot of shell script questions/posts. I could find row by row traversal of a file but not a database table. Please help. Thanks &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsan.asghar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix path stored as a column in table

The db2 table stores the unix path as below PARM VALUE RootPath $SRootDir Target $SRootDir/target $SRootDir is set in the env variable as /home/test/root In the shell script i read the table value and store it in a variable pth=db2 -x "select VALUE from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2jnags
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving new row and deleting old row to another table

Hi, I want to move a new row to another table if the field from new row doesn't have the first word that I categorized (like: IRC blablabla, PTM blablabla, ADM blablabla, BS blablabla). I already use this script but doesn't work as I expected. CHECK_KEYWORD="$( mysql -uroot -p123456 smsd -N... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

In php, Moving a new row to another table and deleting old row

Hi, I already succeed moving a new row to another table if the field from new row doesn't have the first word that I categorized (like: IRC blablabla, PTM blablabla, ADM blablabla, BS blablabla). But it can't delete the old row. Please help me with the script. my php script: INSERT INTO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using loop command in UNIX for converting column to row

Dear folks I have 300 files which one of them are looking like: 1.SNP 0 0 1 0 I am looking for desire output: 1.SNP 0 0 1 0 I used this below command to run all of the 300 file at the same time for file in *.SNP; do awk '{printf( "%s ", $1 );} END {printf("\n");}' $file >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajmar
1 Replies
ppp.Auth(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       ppp.Auth(4)

NAME
ppp.Auth - PPP authentication file format DESCRIPTION
The file contains values used by HP PPP's implementation of the link-level authentication protocols, (and (This implementation of both CHAP and PAP conforms to RFC 1334, CHAP is a stronger authentication mechanism and should be used whenever possible, in preference over PAP. Format Each authentication specification is on its own single line of up to 1023 characters. Comments begin with a and extend to the end of the line; blank lines, or lines beginning with a are ignored. Fields are separated by horizontal white space (blanks or tabs). If is using CHAP authentication, the first word on the line must match the peer's Name as received in a CHAP Challenge or Response packet and the second word is used for the Secret. If is using PAP authentication, the first word on the line must match the in a transmitted or received PAP Authenticate-Request packet and the second word is used for the Password. The default value used for the Name in transmitted CHAP packets or for the Peer-ID in transmitted PAP packets is the hostname(1) of the machine is running on. In the midst of the Name/Peer-ID and Secret/Password strings, ^x is translated into the appropriate control character before matching, and represents the character corresponding to the octal number xxx. Other special sequences are: Matches a space character (ASCII 0x20). Matches a horizontal tab character (ASCII 0x09). Matches a line feed character (ASCII 0x0a). Matches a carriage return character (ASCII 0x0d). The fields have the following meaning: name The Name field of a sent or received CHAP Challenge or Response message, or the Peer-ID field of a sent or received PAP Authenticate-Request message. For transmitted packets, this is the hostname unless overridden by the option. secret The secret word that the peer also knows. optional address restrictions A set of zero or more patterns restricting the addresses that we will allow to be used with the named peer. Patterns are separated by spaces or tabs and are parsed from left to right. Each pattern may begin with an exclamation mark to indi- cate that the following pattern should not be allowed. The rest of the pattern consists of digits and periods, and optionally a leading or trailing asterisk, which will match anything. If none of the patterns match, then the address will be allowed if the last pattern began with an exclamation point, and will be disallowed otherwise. This optional address restriction feature is available only for IPv4 addresses. EXAMPLES
The following provides with a secret for use when a peer claims to be other-host, robin, or "Jack's machine". SECURITY CONCERNS
The file should be mode 600 or 400, and owned by root. AUTHOR
was developed by the Progressive Systems. SEE ALSO
pppd(1), ppp.Devices(4), ppp.Dialers(4), ppp.Filter(4), ppp.Keys(4), ppp.Systems(4), services(4). RFC 792, RFC 1332, RFC 1334, RFC 1548. ppp.Auth(4)