Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Routers/VPN
Special Forums IP Networking UNIX Routers/VPN Post 6993 by Jodibaxter on Monday 17th of September 2001 01:40:12 PM
Old 09-17-2001
Question UNIX Routers/VPN

There is a small company with 3 locations in Idaho. Currently they are using UNIX with multiplexors from 10 years ago. They would like to speed up their downloads and connection speeds but don't want to pay more than they are paying right now. They currently pay $200/mo. The main office is in Terreton. The office in Hamer is not LD but the office in Rigby is. An access line is used for the connection between Terreton and Rigby. Rigby has two dummy terminals, Hamer has one, and Terreton has 2. Hamer and Rigby download the info from Terreton. Are there any options for this small company? Also, as a side note, they just barely got fiberoptic cable in Terreton but it is not available, yet. The telephone company is a cooperative. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Jodibaxter; 09-18-2001 at 12:03 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linksys 4 port cable/dsl routers

i was reading this thread and someone mentioned problems with the linksys 4 portcable/dsl routers, (BEF4somethingsomethingsomething) this is what i use on my network, and works great, BUT i have had a few strange problems, well my question is not too much of a question, but i would like to know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

two routers

It is possible to connect wireless router that has 4 ethernet connections and WAN connection with regular router that has UPLINK and WAN and 4 ethernet ports? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasia
9 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Script to configure few commands for a list of routers

Hi Can any one please guide me how can I configure a few commands for a few devices in file1.txt. username: user1 password: pass enable pass: ep file1.txt: device1.abc.com device2.abc.com router.xpy.com I want to apply all the config lines for each device in file1.txt ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help explaining how to use a VPN on a UNIX server with a Mac OS

I have gotten a gig to teach someone how to use a VPN client for a UNIX server on a MAC os. The problem is I have never used UNIX, dont mess with VPN's (my dad has a VPN that I have used a couple of times). I'm currently taking a crash course on UNIX but I was wondering if anyone could help me with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psycopuppy
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Ping for 10 routers in a mesh

Hello All, I have 10 routers, and need to write a script so that each router pings each other and get the result in a file. We need to further extract the min/avg/max result and write a script to put in a excel file. E.g. LAB-R3A-7609#ping 6.6.6.6 Type escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjugab
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix box access via VPN

Hi, I have a unix box on my network IP: 10.10.40.253 I believe the firewall is not letting me have access to it when I come in via VPN. The VPN appears to the unix box as 10.10.20.xxx. Any help on how to solve this will be appreciated... Thanks in advance Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annybase
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Telnet cisco routers

Hi all i have little problem finding solution about simple telnet script .... i have 250 routers and on some i have different password and on some they ask just for password no username. So for example 1,2,3 have username and password (user,password) 4, and 5 have different username and password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies
slattach(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       slattach(8)

NAME
slattach - Attaches a serial line to a network interface SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/slattach [{+|-} {c|e|i}] ttyname [baudrate] DESCRIPTION
The slattach command assigns a tty line to a network interface, allowing terminal devices to communicate across a network. The ttyname argument is the name of any valid tty device in /dev. This can be either the full path name (for example, /dev/tty01) or the name in /dev (for example, tty01). The optional baudrate argument is used to set the speed of the connection. The default speed is 9600 baud. The tty line is attached to the first available network interface (sl0, sl1, already be configured with the local and remote addresses of each end of the SLIP connection (see ifconfig(8)). Only a person with superuser authority can attach a network interface. To detach the interface, use the ifconfig interface_id down command after terminating the slattach process. interface_id is the name that is shown by the netstat command. FLAGS
Enables (+) or disables (- TCP header compression. Enables (+) or disables (- automatic TCP header compression. If enabled and the remote system is using TCP header compression, TCP header compression is automatically enabled on the local system. If both local and remote sys- tems have enabled this flag, TCP header compression is not used. One system must force the use of TCP header compression. Enables (+) or disables (- ICMP traffic suppression. If enabled, ICMP traffic (like that generated by ping(8)) is not allowed to pass over the SLIP con- nection. When the system is booted, all flags are initially disabled. Once a flag is enabled, it remains enabled until the system is rebooted or until another slattach command is issued with the flag disabled. NOTES
The slattach command requires the Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP), which the kernel must support. If making a SLIP connection to another Tru64 UNIX system, both systems must run slattach. If making a SLIP connection to a system not running the Tru64 UNIX operating system, the other system must support the SLIP protocol. EXAMPLES
To attach a tty device to a network interface, enter: /usr/sbin/slattach /dev/tty01 4800 This command attaches tty01 to a network interface to be used by the Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP). The connection speed is 4800 baud. To attach a tty device to a network interface at 19200 bits per second (bps), with TCP header compression enabled and ICMP traffic suppres- sion disabled, enter: /usr/sbin/slattach +c -i /dev/tty01 19200 FILES
Specifies the command path Contains the slattach process ID RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: netstat(1), ifconfig(8) Specifications: SLIP is described in RFC1055. TCP header compression is described in RFC1144. delim off slattach(8)