Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what do one mean when referring to 'platforms'? Post 69903 by ninelives1980 on Thursday 21st of April 2005 11:59:27 AM
Old 04-21-2005
what do one mean when referring to 'platforms'?

what do one mean when referring to 'platforms'? (examples of platforms as listed below)

alpha
amd64
i386
ia64
pc98
sparc64

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Makefile across platforms

EXE=auto SRCS=auto.cpp debug.cpp OBJS=auto.o debug.o CXX=g++ #HOSTFLAG=-DLinux HOSTFLAG=-DSunOS # Do not use compiler optimizer -O as this may break the program # Use debug flag to enable the debug() function. If DEBUG is not # defined than the function debug() is set to void(),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laila63
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zipping across platforms

I saw a few posts on this, however, I am getting an error and don't see this particular issue. Not right off anyways.... We moved from digital OS to solaris 9 in Jan. On the old platform, I could gzip my files, ftp them to my win2000 desktop via hummingbird and then unzip them to view. Now,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Different Platforms on Solaris?

Does anyone know how Solaris organises different platforms? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc40
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring from the print of the previous command

Hi, I am a newbie in SHell Programming. I want to ask something about referring the result of the previous command in Shell-Prog. For example : bnm@dsds~> ifconfig eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0B:CD:85:A5:8A inet addr:192.168.0.2 Bcast:192.168.0.225 Mask... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobb
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Platforms

Hi. Where can i learn, Which Unix platform specific for what? Properties? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enrgy
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Platforms using Unix

Hi ;) Which hardware platforms/machine types use the Operating System Unix? A list of all would be appreaciated Thx Megadrink :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Megadrink
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multichecks across all unix platforms

Can somebody refer me following multicheck to perform across most of unix platform like AIX, HP-UX, solaris, Linux. CPU utilization above X% Check IO above X% Swap usage check above X% Memory utilization above X% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendtoshailesh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
COMPAT_NETBSD32(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					COMPAT_NETBSD32(8)

NAME
compat_netbsd32 -- setup procedure for 32-bit compatibility on 64-bit platforms DESCRIPTION
The compat_netbsd32 module allows NetBSD/sparc64 to run NetBSD/sparc executables, and NetBSD/amd64 to run NetBSD/i386 executables. To use compat_netbsd32, one must either have COMPAT_NETBSD32 and EXEC_ELF32 in the kernel, or load the compat_netbsd32 and exec_netbsd32 ker- nel modules. Static executables typically need no additional setup. Dynamic binaries require the dynamic linker plus shared libraries. Most of these files will need to be placed under /emul/netbsd32. The easiest method of installing support for these is via the emulators/netbsd32_compat14, emulators/netbsd32_compat15, and emulators/netbsd32_compat16 packages, provided in the NetBSD packages collection. These install 32-bit a.out and ELF compatibility libraries, respectively. The details of what is actually necessary for correct operation are given below. This obviously is handled by the emulator packages. For a.out compatibility, /usr/libexec/ld.so from a 32-bit distribution is required to exist as /emul/netbsd32/usr/libexec/ld.so. For 32-bit ELF compatibility, /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so needs to be in /emul/netbsd32/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so. The shared libraries for a.out binaries do not live under the /emul/netbsd32 directory, but under the /emul/aout directory, where the a.out dynamic linker will find them. BUGS
A list of things which fail to work in compatibility mode should be here. IPC is not well supported. sysctl(3) is not well supported. BSD
March 11, 2006 BSD