Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to remove a unix boot partition ? Post 6988 by kwanm63 on Monday 17th of September 2001 11:27:08 AM
Old 09-17-2001
How to remove a unix boot partition ?

Hi group member,
I'm as new as a newbie can get on Unix, so bear with me .
I just got a task of installing NT on a box that had some sort of unix on it. Once I reboot, i always get a Grub> screen and I dont' know how to get rid of it. Just relying on the nt install parition
don't seem to be able to get rid of it.

I'm a NT,NOVELL, cisco kind of guy. so nothing on UNIX.
thanks all

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating /boot partition & MBR concerns

I have 40GB HD with mepis8, swap, MBR and under flags word boot. I also have a 160 GB external with a few Linux OS, no swaps, no extended etc. I am total Linux no MS I would feel more secure by resizing that sda1 partition and creating a /boot partition with the MBR housed there. Is that a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worthamtx
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to Extend Boot Partition

Hi, My linux server working with LVM partition and with /boot partition, now my /boot partition is full, now i need to extend my boot partition. can i know how to do it, without any data loss. Regards, M.Selva Prakash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mselvaprakash
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

required resize /boot partition in linux

Hi, In my linux box I have installed /boot partition with 100MB. I have done compile for a newer kernel. The both kernels are required to me. Finally /boot partition has using 100%. I need to resize the /boot. Any body give the solution how to do resize the /boot partition without dusturbing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parsrigum
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Clone one partition and boot from USB

I have small problem: my hard drive has 500GB storage and it is divided into partitions /dev/sda1 - 20 GB (boot) /dev/sda2 - rest I want to clone only one partition /dev/sda1 and write all data on my USB stick /dev/sdb What's more I want to make my USB bootable and I don't know at all how can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: menda
3 Replies

5. Linux

Creating /boot partition for LVM VG

Hi, I have a server booted into sysresccd (mini-linux OS) with 1 40 GB disk attached I am trying to create a volume group and restore another server into the new one However, when I try to create a partition for /boot it seems that my VG in LVM is not recognized anymore These are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

TRU64 - Cluster boot partition is FULL

Good day, Anybody, know how to clean/free up the Cluster_boot partition in TRU64 Thank you in advance Miaka (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miaka1012
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris partition in boot screen disappeared - F11??

I have a problem where I installed several OSes as partitions on one disk. And suddenly I cannot see Solaris 11.3 in the bios boot screen anymore. I have no clue why. Do anyone have a suggestion so I can dig further somewhere? I first installed Solaris 11.3. Then Windows10 (gaming). Then Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to boot partition from Grub Minimal_BASH?

Hi, someone knows how can I boot my OS or cdrom from a Grub Minimal_Bash? :confused: sorry, I´m a dummy I explain, when I start loading the OS, I get errors, and ends up in the grub bash. This is the minimal_bash and I have no idea of ​​any command. It tells me "unknow partition". The problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veravera
0 Replies
TASKSEL(8)						      Debian specific manpage							TASKSEL(8)

NAME
tasksel - a user interface for installing tasks SYNOPSIS
tasksel install <task> tasksel remove <task> tasksel [options] DESCRIPTION
tasksel shows all available tasks and allows to user to select ones to install OPTIONS
-t, --test test mode; don't actually install or remove packages --new-install automatically select some tasks without even displaying them to the user; default other tasks to on; used during new Debian installs. --list-tasks list on stdout the tasks that would be displayed in the tasksel interface --task-packages task lists on stdout the packages that are available and part of the given task Note that this option may be given more than once. --task-desc task outputs the extended description of the given task --debconf-apt-progress options Pass the specified options to the debconf-apt-progress command that tasksel runs. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), apt-get(8) FILES
/usr/share/tasksel/*.desc and /usr/local/share/tasksel/*.desc are used to define tasks. AUTHOR
tasksel was written by Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org> and Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> HISTORY
This document first appeared with tasksel-1.0 3.14.1 2012-08-27 TASKSEL(8)