Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: JRE on frebsd 4.11
Operating Systems BSD JRE on frebsd 4.11 Post 69835 by jolok on Wednesday 20th of April 2005 03:51:35 PM
Old 04-20-2005
linux_base 8

Install linux_base-8-8.0_6 . It's in the ports collection:

/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-8

Here's a link to the FreeBSD Java Project; a good resource.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing JRE 1.4 errors

I'm attempting to install the Java JRE 1.4 on SunOS 5.8 box. I installed dozens of Sun patches without error, however when I download the JRE from sunsolve, I keep getting: Do you agree to the above license terms? yes Unpacking... Checksumming... 1 The download file appears to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JRE in Fedora 7

Hi, I am trying to install the Java Runtime Environment in Fedora 7. However, according to articles such as this: How to Install Java in Fedora Core 6 - Java Runtime Environment - Softpedia I should have a plugin directory in the jre directory. I don't have that after running the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user23
1 Replies

3. Programming

JRE in Fedora 7

Perhaps this is the right forum for this question? Hi, I am trying to install the Java Runtime Environment in Fedora 7. However, according to articles such as this: How to Install Java in Fedora Core 6 - Java Runtime Environment - Softpedia I should have a plugin directory in the jre... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
3 Replies

4. AIX

JRE 1.6 for AIX

Hi, I am new to AIX and working in AIX 5.3 and I want to install the JRE1.6 in the machine.So can I can anyone tell me where I will get it and how to install it on AIX machine.. Thanks in advance for your help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. SCO

How to install Apache 5.0 and JRE 1.4.0

Hello, I have a problem to run the the Web aplication Cincom Mantis XML on a SCO 6.0 with MP2. My Tomcat is 4.1.31 The Cincom support tell me tha I need the Apache Tomcat 5.5 and Java JRE 1.4.0 Can I install a linux version into SCO 6.0 system ? Thank you for your help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hrmaldonado
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to find the OS JRE as well as User installed JRE on my UNIX box!

Hi, I want to determine whether my java application is pointing to the OS version of Java or the User installed Java version on my Unix box. I am aware of the "java -version" command, however I am unsure if the version returned is the OS one or the user one. Please help. Ali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali40
5 Replies

7. Solaris

install jre in local zone

How can I install a new version of jre on a local zone? Since /usr is not writable in a local zone)? pls advise solaris10 sparc ---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:34 PM ---------- jdk6 i mean (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

jre location PATH

How do you set the classpath for jre location....What are all the steps? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhans
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jre not working in Fedora

I am having trouble getting my jre to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but that is not working. I have setup the firefox symlink. sudo ln -s /usr/java/jre1.7.0_21/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so I have tried to follow these instructions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

10. AIX

JRE 1.4 Download location

Dear Expert, I'm will use the software monitoring server. but need the JRE ( Java runtime 1.4 for aix 6.1) I find at dvd aix doest exist, and find google I dont have the link location download. please share location file or Java runtime 1.4 for aix 6.1. regards, ~ruhul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: williamen
1 Replies
PORTINDEX(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      PORTINDEX(5)

NAME
INDEX -- File containing information about the state of the ports tree DESCRIPTION
The port index file in /usr/ports contains various bits of information about the ports tree. Each major branch of FreeBSD has a separate index file, named ``INDEX-N'', where N is the major version number of the FreeBSD branch, i.e.: INDEX-7, or INDEX-8. name The name of the package. path The path to the port directory. install prefix The default install prefix. short description A short description. full description The path to the full description. maintainer email The email address of the maintainer. index The categories this port is part of. build dependencies Ports required to be installed prior to building this port. run dependencies Ports required to be installed for this port to run. website The project website for the port. e-deps Ports that may be required to extract this port. p-deps Ports that may be required to patch this port. f-deps Ports that may be required to fetch this port. FILES
/usr/ports/INDEX-N where N is the major version number of the FreeBSD branch. EXAMPLES
vim-6.3.15|/usr/ports/editors/vim|/usr/local|Vi "workalike", with many additional features|/usr/ports/editors/vim/pkg-descr|obrien@FreeBSD.org|editors|libiconv-1.9.2_1|libiconv-1.9.2_1|http://www.vim.org/||| SEE ALSO
build(7), ports(7) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Paul Armstrong and Thomas Abthorpe <tabthorpe@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 14, 2012 BSD