Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands Post 69828 by frustrated1 on Wednesday 20th of April 2005 02:23:03 PM
Old 04-20-2005
Doh! Should have seen that...

I have expect installed - just didnt have it as the interpreter in the script...
Thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bourne shell or korn shell?

Hi, I have a script that uses "nohup" command to execute a korn shell script. Which one is the correct shell to use bourne shell or korn shell to execute a korn shell? and why? Thanks in advanced. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what are some different commands in c shell and korn shell??

I am doing this simple script using c shell and korn shell. The commands I use are fgrep , ls, and also some redirecting. Is there any difference in using both of these commands in c shell and korn shell? Thanks and sorry for the stupid question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EquinoX
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for getting pid of spawn processes from shell

Hi, I am new this forum. I request you peoples help in understanding and finding some solution to my problem. Here it goes: I need to perform this set of actions by writing a shell script. I need to read a config file for the bunch of processes to execute. I need to fecth the pid of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin4sachi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty with a couple commands porting from korn shell to bash

I am relatively new to shell scripting. I have a script I wrote that works fine in korn shell. I need to make it work in bash on a different server. There are a couple valid korn shell commands I am having difficulty finding the bash equivalents for. At one point the scripts prompts the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inakajin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with spawn.. newbie to shell

Hi, I have a problem with the spawn execution with expect.. i have done the code for expect in a separate file and i am calling the this execution from the bash script.. as given below.. -bash-4.1$ cat main.sh #!/usr/bin/bash ./spawn.exp ========================== -bash-4.1$ cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishkumar432
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn sftp and Shell commands

Hi everyone, I'm no killer in shell scripting, that is why I've searched and found a little script that explained how to do what I wanted to do : a FTP transfer from distant servers. I adapted it cause as such, it didn't work. As I needed to do some very simple shell commands (erase and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mederik
2 Replies

10. Programming

Help needed to Spawn Shell on Python and Continue Execution

def gob(url): print "\n\t Running gobuster on target." params = " -e -s '307,200,204,301,302' -t 20 -u " + url + " >> /tmp/%s/gobuster.txt" % (ip) os.system("xterm -e bash -c "tail -f /tmp/%/gobuster.txt"") for i in bflist: dirbf = "gobuster -w " + i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
source(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
source - Evaluate a file or resource as a Tcl script SYNOPSIS
source fileName source -encoding encodingName fileName | _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command takes the contents of the specified file or resource and passes it to the Tcl interpreter as a text script. The return value from source is the return value of the last command executed in the script. If an error occurs in evaluating the contents of the script then the source command will return that error. If a return command is invoked from within the script then the remainder of the file will be skipped and the source command will return normally with the result from the return command. The end-of-file character for files is "32" (^Z) for all platforms. The source command will read files up to this character. This restriction does not exist for the read or gets commands, allowing for files containing code and data segments (scripted documents). If you require a "^Z" in code for string comparison, you can use "32" or "u001a", which will be safely substituted by the Tcl interpreter into "^Z". The -encoding option is used to specify the encoding of the data stored in fileName. When the -encoding option is omitted, the system | encoding is assumed. EXAMPLE
Run the script in the file foo.tcl and then the script in the file bar.tcl: source foo.tcl source bar.tcl Alternatively: foreach scriptFile {foo.tcl bar.tcl} { source $scriptFile } SEE ALSO
file(n), cd(n), encoding(n), info(n) KEYWORDS
file, script Tcl source(n)