Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding executable files in all directories Post 69760 by CSGUY on Tuesday 19th of April 2005 06:34:33 PM
Old 04-19-2005
I was also thinking of this: find $HOME -type f -perm -og+rx

Last edited by Kelam_Magnus; 04-20-2005 at 03:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding largest files (not directories)?

hello all. i would like to be able to find the names of all files on a remote machine using ssh. i only want the names of files, not directories so far i'm stuck at "du -a | sort -n" also, is it possible to write them to a file on my machine? i know how to write it to a file on that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user19190989
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

3. Programming

Finding the number of bits a executable was compiled

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to find out how many bits a c executable was compiled in? I am trying to do some investigation of running 32bit programs in 64bit systems. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leion
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the executable files of a directory using Grep

Hi guys, Can you please help me print all the executable files of a directory(in this case /home) using grep? All i know is that this command should do it but it doesnt... ls -l ~ | grep -..x it shows me the following mesage grep: invalid option -- '.' Χρήση: grep ... ΥΠΟΔΕΙΓΜΑ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimas13
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Finding the Files In the Same Name Directories

Hi, In the Unix Box, I have a situation, where there is folder name called "Projects" and in that i have 20 Folders S1,S2,S3...S20. In each of the Folders S1,S2,S3,...S20 , there is a same name folder named "MP". So Now, I want to get all the files in all the "MP" Folders and write all those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding matches between multiple files from different directories

Hi all... Can somebody pls help me with this... I have a directory (dir1) which has many subdirectories(vr001,vr002,vr003..) with each subdir containing similar text file(say ras.txt). I have another directory(dir2) which has again got some subdir(vr001c,vr002c,vr003c..) with each subdir... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramya07
0 Replies

7. Programming

Finding duplicate files in two base directories

Hello All, I have got some assignment to complete till this Monday and problem statement is as follow :- Problem :- Find duplicate files (especially .c and .cpp) from two project base directories with following requirement :- 1.Should be extendable to search in multiple base... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding non-existing words in a list of files in a directory and its sub-directories

Hi All, I have a list of words (these are actually a list of database table names separated by comma). Now, I want to find only the non-existing list of words in the *.java files of current directory and/or its sub-directories. Sample list of words:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanu Dhulipudi
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files deep in directories

i need to find a portable way to go through multiple directories to find a file. I've trid something like this: find /opt/oracle/diag/*/alert_HH2.log -printordinarily, i can run the ls command and it will find it: /opt/oracle/diag/*/*/*/*/alert_HH2.log The problem with this approach is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
ACL_DELETE_PERM(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					ACL_DELETE_PERM(3)

NAME
acl_delete_perm -- delete permissions from a permission set LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/acl.h> int acl_delete_perm(acl_permset_t permset_d, acl_perm_t perm); DESCRIPTION
The acl_delete_perm() function is a POSIX.1e call that removes specific permissions from permissions set perm. RETURN VALUES
The acl_delete_perm() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The acl_delete_perm() function fails if: [EINVAL] Argument permset_d is not a valid descriptor for a permission set. Argument perm does not contain a valid acl_perm_t value. SEE ALSO
acl(3), acl_add_perm(3), acl_clear_perms(3), acl_get_permset(3), acl_set_permset(3), posix1e(3) STANDARDS
POSIX.1e is described in IEEE POSIX.1e draft 17. HISTORY
POSIX.1e support was introduced in FreeBSD 4.0. The acl_delete_perm() function was added in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The acl_delete_perm() function was written by Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>. BSD
March 10, 2001 BSD