Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directory find in small and capitals Post 6972 by nitin on Monday 17th of September 2001 01:29:39 AM
Old 09-17-2001
Directory find in small and capitals

I've a very trivial thing bothering me. I'm rather new in scripting so I'll keep asking stupid questions.
Here is small script that does backup of mails.
---
for i in `cat /maildir.dir`
do
echo $i
maildir=`echo $i|sed 's@^./usr/@@'`
for j in $i/*
do
[ -d "$j/backup" ] && {
st="`find $j/backup -name "[0-9]*" -type f -print|head -1|wc -l`"
It searches for mails in backup folder of all the users. Once in a while a user will use capital letters ('BACKUP' or 'Backup') in the name. How do I make sure that all sorts of such names must be included in my backup thingy?
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a file named vijay in a directory using find command

I need to find whether there is a file named vijay is there or not in folder named "opt" .I tried "ls *|grep vijay" but it showed permission problem. so i need to use find command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find a string in a directory/sub-directory

I'm trying to find this string 'preparing string IBE_Quote_W1_Pvt.SaveWrapper for quote_header_id’ in my Apache log file directory. The log file that contains this string may be in a parent direcotry or a sub-directory. I have tried 'grep' and 'awk' with no success. I would like to get the path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gross
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[[HelloInCapitals]] to [[Hello In Capitals]]

Hello community, I got it all done except for one thing, ] or ] So now I want to split those in to ] or ] I am not so good at all this and get stuck with sed -e 's// &/g' -e 's/.../ &/g' -e 's/^ //g' infile (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: externalaw
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directory help

Hey All, New to Bash Scripting I have a find command to count the current directories it is: dirCount=`find $2/ -type d | wc -l` What I get is a count of all directories in $2 as well as $2 itself. What I need to do is ignore $2 itself and just get the folders inside $2. Thank in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brandonpal
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find directory help

I am looking for the directory ".Private". Can someone tell me why my first search does not work? ~ $ sudo find / -iname -type d ".Private" 2>/dev/null And why does this one work? ~ $ sudo find / -type d -iname '.Private' 2>/dev/null... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do not find the mistake in a small routine!!!

Have a textfile (regular updated) with informations about datafiles . Each line is describing a datafile. Now I am trying to delete several specific lines in this textfile, which are defined before in a kind of removal list. Can not find the mistake I have done in the script because in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurgen
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"-maxdepth 1" argument for Solaris find. Other way to restrict find in only one directory?

Hi I wish to find only files in dir /srv/container/content/imz06/. It means exclude subfolder /srv/container/content/imz06/archive/ > uname -a SunOS testbox6 5.10 Generic_139555-08 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320Its Solaris default "find" > find /srv/container/content/imz06/* -name... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find every directory named XYZ under the DVLP directory

I only want to find files under each branch of the directory tree inside directories named XYZ and there are multiple XYZ directories? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: emc^24sho
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find words containing small letters

Hello, I have a file containing different words. How can i print the words which contain at least one small letter, for example if i have: today TOMORROw 12345 123a next preViou5 no it should print the following: today TOMORROw 123a next preViou5 no Please use code tags as required... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JhonTheNewbie
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find and get a file in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified?

How to get a file 'zlib.h' in an entire directory with an excluded directory specified lives under that starting directory by using find command, as it failed on: $ find . -name 'zlib.h' -a -ipath 'CHROME.TMP' -prune -o -print it'll just list entirely up (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
DOVEADM-IMPORT(1)						      Dovecot							 DOVEADM-IMPORT(1)

NAME
doveadm-import - Import messages matching given search query SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] import [-S socket_path] source_location dest_parent search_query doveadm [-Dv] import [-S socket_path] -A source_location dest_parent search_query doveadm [-Dv] import [-S socket_path] -u user source_location dest_parent search_query DESCRIPTION
This command can be used to import mails from another mail storage specified by source_location to one or more user's mailboxes. All the mailboxes are imported under the given dest_parent mailbox, or to root level if dest_parent is empty (""). The search_query can be used to restrict which mailboxes or messages are imported. In the first form, doveadm(1) will executed the import action with the environment of the logged in system user. In the second form, the mails will be imported for all users. In the third form, the mails will be imported only for given user(s). OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -A If the -A option is present, the command will be performed for all users. Using this option in combination with system users from userdb { driver = passwd } is not recommended, because it contains also users with a lower UID than the one configured with the first_valid_uid setting. When the SQL userdb module is used make sure that the iterate_query setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext matches your data- base layout. When using the LDAP userdb module, make sure that the iterate_attrs and iterate_filter settings in /etc/dovecot/dove- cot-ldap.conf.ext match your LDAP schema. Otherwise doveadm(1) will be unable to iterate over all users. -S socket_path The option's argument is either an absolute path to a local UNIX domain socket, or a hostname and port (hostname:port), in order to connect a remote host via a TCP socket. This allows an administrator to execute doveadm(1) mail commands through the given socket. -u user/mask Run the command only for the given user. It's also possible to use '*' and '?' wildcards (e.g. -u *@example.org). When neither the -A option nor -u user was specified, the command will be executed with the environment of the currently logged in user. ARGUMENTS
dest_parent The name of the destination mailbox, under which the mails should be imported. doveadm(1) will create the dest_parent mailbox if it doesn't exist. search_query Copy messages matching this search query. See doveadm-search-query(7) for details. source_location This argument specifies the mailbox format and location of the source location. The syntax is the same as for the mail_location set- ting. For example: maildir:/backup/20101126/jane.doe/Maildir or mdbox:/srv/mail/john.doe/mdbox:ALT=/nfsmount/john.doe/mdbox EXAMPLE
This example imports all mails from a backup under a backup-20101026 mailbox: doveadm import -u jane.doe@example.org mdbox:/backup/20101026/jane.doe/mdbox backup-20101026 all Another example that imports only messages from foo@example.org in the backup mdbox's INBOX to jane's INBOX: doveadm import -u jane.doe@example.org mdbox:~/mdbox-backup "" mailbox INBOX from foo@example.org REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveadm-fetch(1), doveadm-search(1), doveadm-search-query(7) Dovecot v2.1 2010-11-26 DOVEADM-IMPORT(1)