Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle on Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Oracle on Solaris Post 69664 by google on Monday 18th of April 2005 03:00:57 PM
Old 04-18-2005
Look for a file in /usr/local/bin/ called oraenv. If it exists, you can run this shell and pass it your SID value. The script will set ORACLE_HOME and other variables. If the file doesnt exist, then contact your DBA or app support person to understand how they have setup the database. If you saw a bunch of Oracle processes running, then you know Oracle was installed and is running.

Example
. /usr/local/bin/oraenv testDB

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Oracle on solaris.

Good afternoon Unix folks, I have been asked to find out if there is an ideal way to setup oracle on sun solaris. Right now, I have 2 36gig drives mirrored for my root volume. I have 4 more raid 5 for my datavolume. For io purposes, I need to break up these drives to prove that io is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niasdad
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle on solaris

Hi Friends , I need to connect to Oracle using sqlplus and it says that sqlplus is not found . I need to check if Oracle is running or not .is there any command to check if oracle is running ? Please help Thanks in advance Veera (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle on Solaris

Please is there a way and how can I check is my oracle database OK on my solaris I did not istall that database but on processes I can see there are lot of oracle processes running ..also I would like to use that database.. That was my first q and second: I can telnet that machine from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amon
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris-oracle

Hi, what are all best performance practices we can set in solaris box for oracle database 10.2.0.2 Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rags_s11
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle Db on Solaris OS

What is the minimum amount of RAM a db could be made to run on solaris OS .. i just need to test high availability failover of oracle db on a VM so want to make the db as thin as possible and to make it run on least amount on memory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Oracle Solaris 11

Hello Friends I was running Solaris 10 on SunFire X2200 M2, with 40 Sunray 270 units, and would like to advance to a higher version of Solaris, Can anybody with experience on this help how to go about it, or if there is any other open source os to go with the hardware advice Thanks in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daviey.daviey
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oralsnr - Manages an Oracle TNS listener SYNOPSIS
oralsnr [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | meta-data | methods] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Oracle Listener. It manages an Oracle Listener instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). Necessary for the monitor op, i.e. to do tnsping SID. (required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user Run the listener as this user. (optional, string, no default) listener Listener instance to be started (as defined in listener.ora). Defaults to LISTENER. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oralsnr resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_oralsnr ocf:heartbeat:oralsnr params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oralsnr_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7)