Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Finding executable files in all directories Post 69615 by cbkihong on Sunday 17th of April 2005 08:19:15 PM
Old 04-17-2005
Everyone but the file owner? Some more guesses (if you are only interested in files owned by a certain user) ....

find / -type f -user someuser \( -perm -o+rx -o -perm -g+rx \)
find / -type f -user someuser \( -perm -o+rx -perm -g+rx \)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding largest files (not directories)?

hello all. i would like to be able to find the names of all files on a remote machine using ssh. i only want the names of files, not directories so far i'm stuck at "du -a | sort -n" also, is it possible to write them to a file on my machine? i know how to write it to a file on that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user19190989
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

3. Programming

Finding the number of bits a executable was compiled

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to find out how many bits a c executable was compiled in? I am trying to do some investigation of running 32bit programs in 64bit systems. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leion
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the executable files of a directory using Grep

Hi guys, Can you please help me print all the executable files of a directory(in this case /home) using grep? All i know is that this command should do it but it doesnt... ls -l ~ | grep -..x it shows me the following mesage grep: invalid option -- '.' Χρήση: grep ... ΥΠΟΔΕΙΓΜΑ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimas13
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Finding the Files In the Same Name Directories

Hi, In the Unix Box, I have a situation, where there is folder name called "Projects" and in that i have 20 Folders S1,S2,S3...S20. In each of the Folders S1,S2,S3,...S20 , there is a same name folder named "MP". So Now, I want to get all the files in all the "MP" Folders and write all those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding matches between multiple files from different directories

Hi all... Can somebody pls help me with this... I have a directory (dir1) which has many subdirectories(vr001,vr002,vr003..) with each subdir containing similar text file(say ras.txt). I have another directory(dir2) which has again got some subdir(vr001c,vr002c,vr003c..) with each subdir... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramya07
0 Replies

7. Programming

Finding duplicate files in two base directories

Hello All, I have got some assignment to complete till this Monday and problem statement is as follow :- Problem :- Find duplicate files (especially .c and .cpp) from two project base directories with following requirement :- 1.Should be extendable to search in multiple base... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding non-existing words in a list of files in a directory and its sub-directories

Hi All, I have a list of words (these are actually a list of database table names separated by comma). Now, I want to find only the non-existing list of words in the *.java files of current directory and/or its sub-directories. Sample list of words:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanu Dhulipudi
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files deep in directories

i need to find a portable way to go through multiple directories to find a file. I've trid something like this: find /opt/oracle/diag/*/alert_HH2.log -printordinarily, i can run the ls command and it will find it: /opt/oracle/diag/*/*/*/*/alert_HH2.log The problem with this approach is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
C_REHASH(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							    C_REHASH(1SSL)

NAME
c_rehash - Create symbolic links to files named by the hash values SYNOPSIS
c_rehash [directory] ... DESCRIPTION
c_rehash scans directories and takes a hash value of each .pem and .crt file in the directory. It then creates symbolic links for each of the files named by the hash value. This is useful as many programs require directories to be set up like this in order to find the certificates they require. If any directories are named on the command line then these directories are processed in turn. If not then and the environment variable SSL_CERT_DIR is defined then that is consulted. This variable should be a colon (:) separated list of directories, all of which will be processed. If neither of these conditions are true then /usr/lib/ssl/certs is processed. For each directory that is to be processed he user must have write permissions on the directory, if they do not then nothing will be printed for that directory. Note that this program deletes all the symbolic links that look like ones that it creates before processing a directory. Beware that if you run the program on a directory that contains symbolic links for other purposes that are named in the same format as those created by this program they will be lost. The hashes for certificate files are of the form <hash>.<n> where n is an integer. If the hash value already exists then n will be incremented, unless the file is a duplicate. Duplicates are detected using the fingerprint of the certificate. A warning will be printed if a duplicate is detected. The hashes for CRL files are of the form <hash>.r<n> and have the same behavior. The program will also warn if there are files with extension .pem which are not certificate or CRL files. The program uses the openssl program to compute the hashes and fingerprints. It expects the executable to be named openssl and be on the PATH, or in the /usr/lib/ssl/bin directory. If the OPENSSL environment variable is defined then this is used instead as the executable that provides the hashes and fingerprints. When called as $OPENSSL x509 -hash -fingerprint -noout -in $file it must output the hash of $file on the first line followed by the fingerprint on the second line, optionally prefixed with some text and an equals sign (=). OPTIONS
None ENVIRONMENT
OPENSSL The name (and path) of an executable to use to generate hashes and fingerprints (see above). SSL_CERT_DIR Colon separated list of directories to operate on. Ignored if directories are listed on the command line. SEE ALSO
openssl(1), x509(1) BUGS
No known bugs 1.0.0e 2013-02-18 C_REHASH(1SSL)