Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris 1. To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time Post 69597 by maheshkoushik on Sunday 17th of April 2005 01:32:58 AM
Old 04-17-2005
Thank you for giving me commands.

Hi all

Thank you for helping me by giving this commands. I n future If I come across some problems in Unix I will contact you.

Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the amount of memory consumed per user

Hi, under UNIX AIX how determine the amount of memory consumed per user ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Order process by consumed memory

Hi! I am new to HP-UX. :o By using the command glance, I found the user memory usage was very high. I would like to know is there any command can show the process which consume most available memory ? (Just like the command top, but order by memory, not CPU) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfredo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most time consumed process

Hi All, I have a simple question on unix command. Here, I need to find the most time consumed process running at present in my HP -UX server. Though it is possible through top command but to redirect the output I want the same done through some command like ps -aef. Also I need the user who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
2 Replies

4. AIX

Check that memory page is filled by zeros when a process gets it in first time

I have to check whether AIX fills physical memory pages by zeros when they are given for a new process (or may be when they are freed from an address space, but it's hardly probable). In other words when a process gets a new memory page, this one must be cleaned. I've solved this issue for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sokolovm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I obtain the consumed memory of a process?

Hi!!! how can I obtain the consumed memory of a process? nowadays i'm using ps -efo pid, pmem, comm,args .... but the information is in percentage, is that correct? so, i want to know how can obtain the consumed memory of a process in mb? thanks in advance! Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcrutz_18
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

7. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Logging the memory consumed by a process with c/C++ without using proc

I need to log the size of physical/virtual memory consumed by any given given process using c/c++ code running on solaris and aix without using the proc filesystem. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manisha Paul
1 Replies

9. AIX

Process, PID and total memory consumed on AIX.

Hi, Below is the code snippet I use on Linux (Centos) to retrieve the Process Name, PID and memory consumed on Linux (Centos) host:- top -b -n 1 | awk -v date="$tdydate" -v ip="$ip" 'NR>7 {print date","ip","$12,","$1,","$10}' Any idea how the same can be retrieved on an AIX host? This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to check memory used or consumed by OS kernel

I am trying to check how much memory is consumed by OS Kernel using below command, Is this the correct command that I'm using grep Slab /proc/meminfo Output : Slab: 3106824 kB IF I convert KB to GB, It means 2.9 GB of RAM is consumed Below details for reference ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
Cache::Memory(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Cache::Memory(3pm)

NAME
Cache::Memory - Memory based implementation of the Cache interface SYNOPSIS
use Cache::Memory; my $cache = Cache::Memory->new( namespace => 'MyNamespace', default_expires => '600 sec' ); See Cache for the usage synopsis. DESCRIPTION
The Cache::Memory class implements the Cache interface. This cache stores data on a per-process basis. This is the fastest of the cache implementations, but is memory intensive and data can not be shared between processes. It also does not persist after the process dies. However data will remain in the cache until cleared or it expires. The data will be shared between instances of the cache object, a cache object going out of scope will not destroy the data. CONSTRUCTOR
my $cache = Cache::Memory->new( %options ) The constructor takes cache properties as named arguments, for example: my $cache = Cache::Memory->new( namespace => 'MyNamespace', default_expires => '600 sec' ); See 'PROPERTIES' below and in the Cache documentation for a list of all available properties that can be set. METHODS
See 'Cache' for the API documentation. PROPERTIES
Cache::Memory adds the property 'namespace', which allows you to specify a different caching store area to use from the default. All methods will work ONLY on the namespace specified. my $ns = $c->namespace(); $c->set_namespace( $namespace ); For additional properties, see the 'Cache' documentation. SEE ALSO
Cache AUTHOR
Chris Leishman <chris@leishman.org> Based on work by DeWitt Clinton <dewitt@unto.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 Chris Leishman. All Rights Reserved. This module is distributed on an "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either expressed or implied. This program is free software; you can redistribute or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. $Id: Memory.pm,v 1.9 2006/01/31 15:23:58 caleishm Exp $ perl v5.12.4 2011-08-05 Cache::Memory(3pm)