Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KORN Shell - Spawn new shell with commands Post 69587 by kduffin on Saturday 16th of April 2005 07:03:43 PM
Old 04-16-2005
Do you have 'expect' installed and have it defined as the interpreter? The following should be at the top of your script (path may vary).

#!/usr/local/bin/expect

Cheers,

Keith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bourne shell or korn shell?

Hi, I have a script that uses "nohup" command to execute a korn shell script. Which one is the correct shell to use bourne shell or korn shell to execute a korn shell? and why? Thanks in advanced. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what are some different commands in c shell and korn shell??

I am doing this simple script using c shell and korn shell. The commands I use are fgrep , ls, and also some redirecting. Is there any difference in using both of these commands in c shell and korn shell? Thanks and sorry for the stupid question. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EquinoX
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for getting pid of spawn processes from shell

Hi, I am new this forum. I request you peoples help in understanding and finding some solution to my problem. Here it goes: I need to perform this set of actions by writing a shell script. I need to read a config file for the bunch of processes to execute. I need to fecth the pid of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin4sachi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty with a couple commands porting from korn shell to bash

I am relatively new to shell scripting. I have a script I wrote that works fine in korn shell. I need to make it work in bash on a different server. There are a couple valid korn shell commands I am having difficulty finding the bash equivalents for. At one point the scripts prompts the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: inakajin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with spawn.. newbie to shell

Hi, I have a problem with the spawn execution with expect.. i have done the code for expect in a separate file and i am calling the this execution from the bash script.. as given below.. -bash-4.1$ cat main.sh #!/usr/bin/bash ./spawn.exp ========================== -bash-4.1$ cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishkumar432
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn sftp and Shell commands

Hi everyone, I'm no killer in shell scripting, that is why I've searched and found a little script that explained how to do what I wanted to do : a FTP transfer from distant servers. I adapted it cause as such, it didn't work. As I needed to do some very simple shell commands (erase and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mederik
2 Replies

10. Programming

Help needed to Spawn Shell on Python and Continue Execution

def gob(url): print "\n\t Running gobuster on target." params = " -e -s '307,200,204,301,302' -t 20 -u " + url + " >> /tmp/%s/gobuster.txt" % (ip) os.system("xterm -e bash -c "tail -f /tmp/%/gobuster.txt"") for i in bflist: dirbf = "gobuster -w " + i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
vboxmail(8)						    Linux System Administration 					       vboxmail(8)

NAME
vboxmail - script to send notification of new voice message SYNOPSIS
vboxmail messagename callername callerid mail-to-address DESCRIPTION
vboxmail is used by vboxgetty to send notification of a new voice message via email. It is not meant to be called directly by any user. You can make local modifications to this script by copying it from /usr/sbin/vboxmail to /etc/isdn/vboxmail, and editing the copy there. Note that there is an enhanced version of this script available as /usr/share/doc/isdnvboxserver/vboxmail.enhanced . To use it, copy it to /etc/isdn/vboxmail . This enhanced version will send the recorded message as a MIME attachment in the email notification. If lame or xingmp3enc are installed in /usr/local/bin, then the message will be converted to MP3 format; otherwise, it will be sent as a WAV file. For this to work, you also need the following packages installed: mime-construct sox and of course an MP3 encoder if you want MP3 format. Note that the MP3 format will only be 50% smaller (instead of the 90% you might other- wise expect), because of the relatively bad sound quality to begin with (8kHz sampling, mono). If you want to use another MP3 encoder than lame or xingmp3enc, you'll have to make patches to the script. I'll be happy to implement your changes. Send them as a wishlist bug report on isdnvboxserver. SEE ALSO
vboxgetty(8), vboxgetty.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org>, for Debian GNU/Linux and isdn4linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.25 1998/11/17 vboxmail(8)