Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Long time since I used "expect" Post 69432 by scriptosaurus on Thursday 14th of April 2005 03:51:11 PM
Old 04-14-2005
Thank you REBORG

Hello REBORG,

I knew I was forgetting something --> "auto"expect

Tried it and everything came back into my brain!!!

Thanks! Smilie Smilie Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view full data "export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG"

Hi, Always when I login to Unix, I need to give the following command to view the data properly; export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG The reason is that by default the settings export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=SHORT Please let me know how I could make LONG as the default and avoid giving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
viewsu - change (virtual) user ID or become (virtual) superuser SYNOPSIS
viewsu [options] [username] DESCRIPTION
The viewsu command is used to become another user during a login session. Invoked without a username, viewsu defaults to becoming the supe- ruser. The optional argument - may be used to provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. This command is the View-OS counterpart of the su(1) command. The value of $PATH is reset to /bin:/usr/bin for normal users, or /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin for the superuser. This may be changed with the ENV_PATH and ENV_SUPATH definitions in /etc/login.defs. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the viewsu command are: -c, --command COMMAND Specify a command that will be invoked by the shell using its -c. -, -l, --login Provide an environment similar to what the user would expect had the user logged in directly. When - is used, it must be specified as the last viewsu option. The other forms (-l and --login) do not have this restriction. -s, --shell SHELL The shell that will be invoked. The invoked shell is chosen from (highest priority first): o The shell specified with --shell. o The shell indicated in the /etc/passwd entry for the target user. o /bin/sh if a shell could not be found by any above method. SEE ALSO
su(1), linux.defs(5) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. NOTE
Most part of the text is taken from su(1). VIEW-OS: a process with a view August 5, 2009 VIEW-OS(1)