Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List files that do not match the search pattern Post 69428 by vgersh99 on Thursday 14th of April 2005 03:13:48 PM
Old 04-14-2005
can you elaborate on the "it doesn't work" part, pls?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files which doesnot match pattern ?

Hi I need a command to search files in a directory which does not match with pattern .. Plz send me this Ex : Test is directory and has some 10 files with different name all are with *.dat extension , need to search files which doesnot contain word "Dummy file". Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search word in a line and print earlier pattern match

Hi All, I have almost 1000+ files and I want to search specific pattern. Looking forwarded your input. Search for: word1.word2 (Which procedure contain this word, I need procedure name in output. Expected output: procedure test1 procedure test2 procedure test3 procedure test4 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susau_79
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match and search in single statement

Hi All, I am trying to alter all lines between EXEC SQL and END-EXEC that have an INCLUDE in them. The following code search="INCLUDE " cp -f ${WORK}/$file.in ${WORK}/$file.wrk2 for item in `echo $search `; do > ${WORK}/$file.wrk1 awk -vITEM="$item" '{ if ( $0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruble
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern and replace x-y characters in nth line after every match

Hi, I am looking for any script which can do the following. have to read a pattern from fileA and copy it to fileB. fileA: ... ... Header ... ... ..p1 ... ... fileB: .... .... Header (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilvk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

8. Linux

Search multiple pattern from list

I am working on AIX operating system. I want to search list of Article Id for given Set Date (which are present in a seperate file input.txt) art_list.csv ------------ "Article ID" |"Ad Description" |"Pyramid"|"Pyramid Desc "|"ProductTypeId"|"Set Date "|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivrsk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files to match file list pattern

Hi All, I have 100 folders with the first delimiter has a unique name i.e (123_hello and 575_hello) and each folder have atlist 1000 plus files with naming convention i.e (575_hello_1.iso ... 575_hello_1000.iso). 575_hello/575_hello_1.iso 575_hello/575_hello_2.iso 575_hello/575_hello_3.iso... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies
FAPG(1) 							   User Manuals 							   FAPG(1)

NAME
fapg - Fast Audio Playlist Generator SYNOPSIS
fapg [ options ] /path/to/mp3/dir1 [ /path/to/mp3/dir2 ... ] DESCRIPTION
fapg is a tool to generate list of audio files (Wav, MP2, MP3, Ogg, etc) in various formats (M3U, PLS, XSPF, HTML, RSS, etc). It is very useful if you have a large amount of audio files and you want to quickly and frequently build a playlist. It is coded in C to be as fast as possible, and does not use any specific audio library (like ID3Lib). This allow you to deploy it faster and easier, and to have better performances since the less informations are loaded. On the other hand, this tool is not (yet) compatible with all the known formats. OPTIONS
-b|--backslash Replace the '/' with '' in Unix path. -d|--debug Display useful messages if the program fails ;) -f|--format=m3u|pls|xspf|html|rss|pla|txx Choose which format of playlist you want to generate (default is m3u). -g|--genre=#:#:... Choose which genres (numerical values only) will be included in the generated playlist (default is all). -n|--nohardlink Avoid to parse twice the files because of hardlinks. -o|--output=/path/to/file.m3u Choose the name of the playlist file to generate (default behavior is to display on standard output). -p|--prefix=/the/prefix Replace the Unix path with another string (useful to give a Samba path for example). -r|--recursive Recursively read the subdirectories. -w|--windows Replace all Unix characters with Windows characters. -x|--exclude=#:#:... Choose which genres (numerical values only) will be excluded in the generated playlist (default is none). -c|--command=<intern|...> External binary or script that produces additional fields for RSS feeds (slow). -s|--stdin Read filenames and/or directories from standard input instead of command line. EXAMPLES
Generate a PLS playlist for an album: fapg --format=pls --output=~/path/to/album/list.pls ~/path/to/album You have a file server using Samba which shares a large amount of audio files for Windows powered computers using Winamp. The directory on the server containing the files is /samba/mp3 and is visible on the Windows network as \servermp3 : cd /samba/mp3 && fapg --backslash --output=/samba/mp3/list.m3u --prefix='\servermp3' --recursive --windows ./ An HTML playlist for an album: fapg --output=fapg.html ~/path/to/album A playlist that contains all your classical tracks may receive the genres to include (or exclude) in one or multiple portions fapg --genre=32:105 --genre=106:104:103 /path/to/all/music Generate a podcasting XML file using an external program rss.sh to generate a detailed description: fapg --output=dir.xml -f rss -c /usr/local/bin/rss.sh -r --prefix=http://thisserver/basedir path/to/mp3 Generate a playlist that will work on a Sansa e200 series MP3 player: fapg -f pla -o /path/to/playlist.pla /path/to/all/music if command starts with intern the build-in description (Author,Title,Link) is generated. Please note that in all given directories ( and in ...basedir/xml ) files called podcast.jpg are referenced. Many header fields are set to defaults using environment variables like LOG- NAME or LANG. AUTHOR
Antoine Jacquet <royale@zerezo.com>, http://royale.zerezo.com/fapg/. Manpage by Thomas Kappler <thomas.kappler@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>. Linux JANUARY 2007 FAPG(1)