Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Get Oracle fuction return value in a variable Post 69376 by rahulrathod on Thursday 14th of April 2005 10:33:03 AM
Old 04-14-2005
Bug I got the soln, but if there's another way u can share.

Hi All,

I got the soln,

VAR=`sqlplus -silent user/pass@DB <<END
set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off
select package.func() from dual;
exit;
END`
if [ -z "$VAR" ]; then
echo "No rows returned from database"
exit 0
else
echo $VAR
fi

Thanks.
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code from oracle

I am writing a unix script that logs into oracle and does a count on a table. I want to return that count to my unix script. this is my script: #!/bin/ksh typeset retcode; numin=0 sqlplus -s <<-EOSQL myuser/mypass@mydb variable ret_val number; begin ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORACLE return a function to Solaris

Guys, I´m have this problem and I do not know what to do anymore: cod=`sqlplus -s ${DATABASE} << EOF set heading off feedback off verify off select max(eventid) from events; exit EOF` sed "s/CODEVENTID/${cod}/" c.ctl Abova What I´ve done. The CODEEVENTID is already set into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fuction return in perl

Hi All, I have a perl script(1.pl) that calls a c function defined in another file sample.c #!/usr/bin/perl my $re = 1; my @s = `/home/PERL_SCRIPTING/Rough/sample pline $re 10`; print "$_" foreach(@s); The sample.c is as bwlow: # include <stdio.h> int pline(int, int);... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return value from oracle to unix shell

Hi , i have written a shell scipt to call a procedure and get the value back from procedure.But i am facing the issue like #!/bin/sh returnedvalue=`sqlplus -s userid/pass<<EOF set serveroutput on; exec pass($1) set serveroutput off; EXIT; EOF` flag=`echo $returnedvalue ` echo "$flag"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return rows from Oracle package

I need help . I am not getting anything back from my setup. I have defined an oracle package which I am calling from within my sql call, but is returning no rows. If I run my sql from sqlplus works find, does not work whe I try to run from UNIX shell script My korn script test.ksh #!bin/ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle return codes?

Having searched high and low through Oracles documentation, I came to think that they're very scripting-averse, as there's (apparently) no list of possible return/exit codes for their various command line utilities. Is anyone here in possession of such a list, or knows where to find one? It... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting return value from oracle function

So, in Oracle (11gR2) on aix I have a function like: CREATE OR REPLACE function COMMON.t2(var1 in varchar2, vari in number,var2 in out number) return number as begin insert into korisnik_temp(kor_inicia, kor_opisno) values(1, var1); var2:=0; return var2; exception when... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
12 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
UPSLOG(8)							    NUT Manual								 UPSLOG(8)

NAME
upslog - UPS status logger SYNOPSIS
upslog -h upslog [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
upslog is a daemon that will poll a UPS at periodic intervals, fetch the variables that interest you, format them, and write them to a file. The default format string includes variables that are supported by many common UPS models. See the description below to make your own. OPTIONS
-h Display the help message. -f format Monitor the UPS using this format string. Be sure to enclose format in quotes so your shell doesn't split it up. Valid escapes within this string are: %% Insert a single "%" %TIME format% Insert the time with strftime formatting %ETIME% Insert the number of seconds, ala time_t. This is now a 10 digit number. %HOST% insert the local hostname %UPSHOST% insert the host of the UPS being monitored %PID% insert the pid of upslog %VAR varname% insert the value of variable varname The default format string is: %TIME @Y@m@d @H@M@S% %VAR battery.charge% %VAR input.voltage% %VAR ups.load% [%VAR ups.status%] %VAR ups.temperature% %VAR input.frequency% -i interval Wait this many seconds between polls. This defaults to 30 seconds. If you require tighter timing, you should write your own logger using the upsclient(3) library. -l logfile Store the results in this file. You can use "-" for stdout, but upslog will remain in the foreground. -s ups Monitor this UPS. The format for this option is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". -u username If started as root, upsmon will setuid(2) to the user id associated with username for security. If username is not defined, it will use the value that was compiled into the program. This defaults to "nobody", which is less than ideal. SERVICE DELAYS
The interval value is merely the number given to sleep(3) after running through the format string. Therefore, a query will actually take slightly longer than the interval, depending on the speed of your system. LOG ROTATION
upslog writes its PID to upslog.pid, and will reopen the log file if you send it a SIGHUP. This allows it to keep running when the log is rotated by an external program. SEE ALSO
Server: upsd(8) Clients: upsc(8), upscmd(8), upsrw(8), upsmon(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 UPSLOG(8)