Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Get Oracle fuction return value in a variable Post 69376 by rahulrathod on Thursday 14th of April 2005 10:33:03 AM
Old 04-14-2005
Bug I got the soln, but if there's another way u can share.

Hi All,

I got the soln,

VAR=`sqlplus -silent user/pass@DB <<END
set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off
select package.func() from dual;
exit;
END`
if [ -z "$VAR" ]; then
echo "No rows returned from database"
exit 0
else
echo $VAR
fi

Thanks.
Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code from oracle

I am writing a unix script that logs into oracle and does a count on a table. I want to return that count to my unix script. this is my script: #!/bin/ksh typeset retcode; numin=0 sqlplus -s <<-EOSQL myuser/mypass@mydb variable ret_val number; begin ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ORACLE return a function to Solaris

Guys, I´m have this problem and I do not know what to do anymore: cod=`sqlplus -s ${DATABASE} << EOF set heading off feedback off verify off select max(eventid) from events; exit EOF` sed "s/CODEVENTID/${cod}/" c.ctl Abova What I´ve done. The CODEEVENTID is already set into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fuction return in perl

Hi All, I have a perl script(1.pl) that calls a c function defined in another file sample.c #!/usr/bin/perl my $re = 1; my @s = `/home/PERL_SCRIPTING/Rough/sample pline $re 10`; print "$_" foreach(@s); The sample.c is as bwlow: # include <stdio.h> int pline(int, int);... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return value from oracle to unix shell

Hi , i have written a shell scipt to call a procedure and get the value back from procedure.But i am facing the issue like #!/bin/sh returnedvalue=`sqlplus -s userid/pass<<EOF set serveroutput on; exec pass($1) set serveroutput off; EXIT; EOF` flag=`echo $returnedvalue ` echo "$flag"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return rows from Oracle package

I need help . I am not getting anything back from my setup. I have defined an oracle package which I am calling from within my sql call, but is returning no rows. If I run my sql from sqlplus works find, does not work whe I try to run from UNIX shell script My korn script test.ksh #!bin/ksh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle return codes?

Having searched high and low through Oracles documentation, I came to think that they're very scripting-averse, as there's (apparently) no list of possible return/exit codes for their various command line utilities. Is anyone here in possession of such a list, or knows where to find one? It... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting return value from oracle function

So, in Oracle (11gR2) on aix I have a function like: CREATE OR REPLACE function COMMON.t2(var1 in varchar2, vari in number,var2 in out number) return number as begin insert into korisnik_temp(kor_inicia, kor_opisno) values(1, var1); var2:=0; return var2; exception when... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bongo
12 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Oracle joins in WHERE syntax support (instead of ANSI). PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
DBIx::Class should automagically detect Oracle and use this module with no work from you. DESCRIPTION
This class implements Oracle's WhereJoin support. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the SQL query, it's already too late. METHODS
See DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins for implementation details. BUGS
Does not support full outer joins. Probably lots more. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic DBIx::Class AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins(3pm)