Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root File system Space
Operating Systems HP-UX Root File system Space Post 69284 by msuluhan on Wednesday 13th of April 2005 04:21:34 PM
Old 04-13-2005
Hi

Basically you can't increase the size of root lv.
You can use ignite ux's make_tape_recovery utility or you can backed up system then fresh install and restore

I hope this helps
Best Regards
msuluhan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root file system space problem

Dear all My actual root file system size is 1 gb, only OS installed . other than OS i did n't installed in this slice. but It shows 100% full. When try to create space , I couldn't find any files other than OS. What may be the reason? Help.... any one pls. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaloo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT, root file system is 99%

help, urgently root file is 99% hi, this iptrace causes my root file system to be 99%. iptrace writes to a file but i didn not specify any file so how? and how to reduce my root file system since i suspect that it is iptrace which causes this.? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root file system full

Hi I have a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Recently my file system is full and i couldn't find what flood my root file system. Anyone can suggext any directories i should look out for. I am using Samba and Patrol agent. I am just usng this server as a file server, users cannot login into the system,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Root file system is 82% full

Hi I want to find out the reason that why root partition is 82% full? when i did fu -k / then most of files were created on /var . can you please help me to find out what I need to do in order to find the reason. Regards Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System Full

Hi All, The root file system of the HP-UX serevr I use is showing as 100% full. It has a disk space of ~524MB. When I add up the sizes of all the files and directories (using du -sk) , except mount points, it came up to 237MB. But when I bdf it still shows 100% full Can anyone help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sube
3 Replies

6. Solaris

root file system issue

Hi, In df -h root file system showing (total size) (used) (free) /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 11G 7.6G 2.8G 73% / but du -hd command showng 5.1 gb used sapce. I am missing 3.00 gb space. Here I have to knoe where is Remaining space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root file system full..Need help

Hi guys, In sun E250 server,root file system is full. we cleared log files in var/adm folder syslogs,mail logs,crash logs are empty. This is a production server. we are not able to run fsck from single user mode. I have given output of df and du command.How to create space in root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root File System

Hi, Please someone tell me, what are the contents of root file sysytem? and significance of it, what are all possible ways to mount root file system? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi Sharma
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

10. AIX

No space in the file system

A file system has reached 100%. I have tried adding space using chfs -a size=+100 command to that file system. However, the % used is not decreasing from 100%. Is there a way to add more space? Also, can someone suggest a script to send a mail alert when a file system is reaching 90%. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)