Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Slower slower dead
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Slower slower dead Post 6927 by Neo on Saturday 15th of September 2001 10:52:43 AM
Old 09-15-2001
ps -A does not show the correcg memory usage stats. Please check the man page for ps for the right switches.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

TCP/IP send getting slower

Hi, We have developed a server program using TCP/IP Communication to communicate with another client program. After running for some days we find the TCP/IP connection from the server program is getting slower ie, the messages are not send quickly to the client. What i mean to say is since the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_puru
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP/IP Connection getting slower...

Hi, We have developed a server program using TCP/IP Communication to communicate with another client program. After running for some days we find the TCP/IP connection from the server program is getting slower. What i mean to say is since the send() function in the server program (it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_puru
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Why is restore slower than backup?

After my big disaster, I'm restoring from tape on my Sun box. This is the second time I've used 'ufsrestore' with this DEC TZ88 SCSI DLT drive. The last time was for a migration from one box to another. Both the last time and this time, the restore has taken a hell of a lot longer than the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why is cut slower than awk?

Hi all, for test reasons I tried the following two one-liners: time awk '{print $4}' T_64xSC_128RW_K500.dat > /dev/nulland time cut -d" " -f6 T_64xSC_128RW_K500.dat > /dev/nullThe file contains approx. 250k lines. awk does it in 0.15 secs (real), cut in 0.44. The user time has about the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BandGap
3 Replies

5. Linux

GCC compiles a lot slower than it should

Hello everyone, i'm having a problem compiling an application i'm developing. For a month, while developing, i did lots of compilations to test it. While compiling, i noticed gcc did it pretty slow, but gave it no importance. I'm using ubuntu 10.04 32bits, and my pc has: - Dual core intel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adadon
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Usenet is dead

On servers i check there seems to be no news at all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed is dead

Hello everybody, I'm new to bash scripting (and scripting in general) but I'm making decent progress in the hands-on solutions I need... I've encountered a problem that seemed very simple to me at first, but had me going on for hours. Maybe you can help me. Say I have an input text file like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: origamisven
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Job Run Slower using Autosys than running through terminal

Hi All, We run Many jobs evryday using Autosys. Sometimes due to various reason we got to run the job from terminal as well (using nohup). We observed that the job running through terminal(nohup) takes much less time then the autosys (for same job). What can be the possible reason for such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kg_gaurav
1 Replies
PROCINFO-NG(8)							Linux System Manual						    PROCINFO-NG(8)

NAME
procinfo - display system statistics gathered from /proc SYNOPSIS
procinfo [ -fdDSbrhv ] [ -nN ] DESCRIPTION
procinfo gathers some system data from the /proc directory and prints it nicely formatted on the standard output device. The meanings of the fields are as follows: Memory: See the man page for free(1) Bootup: The time the system was booted. Load average: The average number of jobs running, followed by the number of runnable processes and the total number of processes, followed by the PID of the last process run. The pid of the last running process will probably always be procinfo's PID. user: The amount of time spent running jobs in user space. nice: The amount of time spent running niced jobs in user space. system: The amount of time spent running in kernel space. Note: the time spent servicing interrupts is not counted by the kernel (and noth- ing that procinfo can do about it). idle: The amount of time spent doing nothing. uptime: The time that the system has been up. The above four should more or less add up to this one. page in: The number of disk blocks paged into core from disk. 1 block is equal to 1 kiB. page out: The number of disk blocks paged out of core to disk. This includes regular disk-writes. swap in: The number of memory pages paged in from swap. swap out: The number of memory pages paged out to swap. context: The number of context switches, either since bootup or per interval. Disk stats(hda, hdb, sda, sdb): The number of reads and writes made to disks, whether CD-ROM, hard-drive, or USB. Shows all disks if they either are an hdX or sdX, or if they have a non-zero read/write count. Interrupts: Number of interrupts serviced since boot, or per interval, listed per IRQ. OPTIONS
-nN Pause N second between updates. This option implies -f. It may contain a decimal point. The default is 5 seconds. When run by root with a pause of 0 seconds, the program will run at the highest possible priority level. -d For memory, CPU times, paging, swapping, disk, context and interrupt stats, display values per second rather than totals. This option implies -f. -D Same as -d, except that memory stats are displayed as totals. -S When running with -d or -D, always show values per second, even when running with -n N with N greater than one second. -b Display numbers of bytes rather than number of I/O requests. -r This option adds an extra line to the memory info showing 'real' free memory, just as free(1) does. The numbers produced assume that Buffers and Cache are disposable. -H Displays memory stats in 'Human' (base 1024) numbers (KiB, MiB, GiB), instead of implied KBytes. -h Print a brief help message. -v Print version info. INTERACTIVE COMMANDS
When running procinfo fullscreen, you can change its behaviour by pressing d, D, S, r and b, which toggle the flags that correspond to their same-named commandline-options. In addition you can press q which quits the program. FILES
/proc The proc file system. BUGS
All of these statistics are taken verbatim from the kernel, without any scaling. Any case where the kernel specifies that a particular field means something different from how it is documented in this man-page, the kernel always wins. Some features of the original procinfo were elided, as they were considered non-useful, especially as many of them don't change anymore, and have better utilities for listing/displaying them. SEE ALSO
free(1), uptime(1), w(1), init(8), proc(5). AUTHOR
Adam Schrotenboer <adam@tabris.net> v2.0 2007-05-05 PROCINFO-NG(8)