Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting question related to command "adduser" Post 69120 by esham on Tuesday 12th of April 2005 07:17:51 AM
Old 04-12-2005
question related to command "adduser"

Hello..

I dont know if i can ask this question in this session..if wrong please correct me..

This is my question..

When iam creating a user with command " adduser xxx"
Where are the changes happening..
I know in /etc/passwd , /etc/shadow...
in /home

Is there any i missed..
please help...

thanks in advance

esham

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about "sleep" command in expect script

I wrote some expect script to telnet to some device to execute some commands.Firstly,I can't get full result some time,then I try to add some "sleep" command in it.Fortunately it works. My idea about it is that it uses sleep command to wait the result to be displayed.Am I right or correct the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to Unix command line and have a question about the "sort" command

I am going through the Unix Made Easy second edition book by John Muster. So far it's been very informative and I can tell it may be a bit out of date. In one of the exercises it talks about the "sort" command and using it to sort column's of data etc. The "sort" command has changed a bit and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: budfoxcat
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
SBUILD-ADDUSER(8)						   Debian sbuild						 SBUILD-ADDUSER(8)

NAME
sbuild-adduser - add an sbuild user SYNOPSIS
sbuild-adduser [-h|--help | -V|--version] USER1 [USER2 [USERn...]] DESCRIPTION
sbuild-adduser adds the specified users to the sbuild group, granting them the privelege to build packages with sbuild(1). The schroot(1) configuration must permit the user to obtain root permissions in the chroot via the root-users and root-groups options in schroot.conf, because this is required to install and remove build-dependencies inside the chroot. This is normally done using the sbuild group, but additional users or groups may be added in order to grant finer-grained permissions, for example to restrict individual users to particular chroots. OPTIONS
Actions -h, --help Display this manual. -V, --version Print version information. User selection USER The user to be granted sbuild access. EXAMPLES
To allow user rleigh sbuild access: % sudo sbuild-adduser rleigh AUTHORS
Roger Leigh. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Roger Leigh <rleigh@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
sbuild(1), sbuild-setup(7), schroot.conf(5). Version 0.63.2 18 Aug 2012 SBUILD-ADDUSER(8)