Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quick Question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Quick Question Post 69044 by kduffin on Sunday 10th of April 2005 08:24:43 PM
Old 04-10-2005
It sounds like you'd just be better off viewing the tutorial online rather than downloading it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

I know in DOS, when you want to pull up your last/previous command, you hit the up/down arrows. How do you do that with UNIX? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tracy Hunt
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A very quick question

Just a super quick question: how do you put a link in your php code. I want to make a link to something in /tmp directory. i.e. how do you put a href into php, I think it's done a bit differently. thanks john (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmg5
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

Hello There! I am trying to write this SIMPLE script in Bourne Shell but I keep on getting syntax errors. Can you see what I am doing wrong? I've done this before but I don't see the difference. I am simply trying to take the day of the week from our system and when the teachers sign on I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another quick question

Hi guys sed -e "s/$<//g" the $< can allow me to assign an input value to the variable right? do the double quotes check the previous context? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamoudzz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick question

does anyone know what $? means? i echoed it on my box (running AIX Korn shell) and got 127 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hi, Is there a simple way, using ksh, to find the byte position in a file that a stated character appears? Many thanks Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quick question

from command prompt I did grep two words on a same line for eg: grep abc | grep xyz and I got tht particular line, but I want to know when I vi that file how to directly search for that particular line? I appreciate if any one can provide answer, thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkolishetty
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hello all, Quick question from a fairly new to Unix developer. if then completedLogFile=$logfile.$(date +%Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S) mv $logfile $completedLogFile fi I understand that this portion of code is simply copying a tmp logfile to a completed logfile when a condition is true. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyBoy
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question.

I'd like to list all userid's on the system that have a .bashrc file in their home directory with a command like "cat /etc/passwd | grep -f", however I'm not quite familiar with using grep. Any suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question

When I have a file like this: 0084AF aj-123-a NAME Ajay NAME Kumar Engineer 015ED6 ck-345-c 020B25 ef-456-e 027458 pq-890-p NAME Peter NAME Salob Doctor 0318F0 xy-123-x NAME Xavier Arul NAME Yesu Supervisor 0344CA de-456-d where - The first NAME is followed by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay41aj
6 Replies
RPLAY.HOSTS(5)							File Formats Manual						    RPLAY.HOSTS(5)

NAME
rplay.hosts - rplay host authentication database SYNOPSIS
/usr/local/etc/rplay.hosts DESCRIPTION
The rplay.hosts file contains a list of hosts and access permissions which rplayd uses to validate incoming connections. Each line is of the form: hostname[:permission] where hostname is the name of a remote host or a host's IP address. Wildcards can be used within IP addresses to match multiple hosts. The wildcard character is "*". permission is an optional field containing any combination of the following characters: r the host can read sounds. w the host can write sounds. x the host can play, stop, pause, and continue sounds. This is normally called execute permission. m the host can monitor the audio stream written by rplayd to the audio device. "rx" permissions are used when no permissions are specified. EXAMPLE
# # All hosts have read access: # *:r # # Trusted hosts: # nice-guy.sdsu.edu:rwx friend.sdsu.edu:rwx amigo.sdsu.edu:rwx 130.191.224.224:rwx # # Hosts which can read and execute: # foo.bar.com:rx 130.190.*:rx 146.244.234.*:rx using.default.perms.edu # # Hosts which can monitor the audio stream # nsa.sdsu.edu:m FILES
/usr/local/etc/rplay.hosts SEE ALSO
rplayd(1) BUGS
The permissions for an "*" entry apply to all matching hosts. The order of this file does not matter. Specific hosts can have access dis- abled with entries like: bad.guy.edu: however, any matching "*" entries will still apply. 12/21/97 RPLAY.HOSTS(5)