Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding max value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding max value Post 69018 by kduffin on Sunday 10th of April 2005 08:34:42 AM
Old 04-10-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Rules
(6) Do not post classroom or homework problems.
Enigma23,

I sympathize with your efforts, but looking at this post in light of your previous posts, it really looks like homework.

Keith

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

max value

Hi All, I want to choose the maximum value from a column values. eg - 234 23 567 43 2456 5 678 8978 from thses values how to choose the max value ? thanks. roger. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nayanajith
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max NO of parameters

1> Can anyone tell me what is the maximum no of parameters that can be passed to a file 2> i have 100 files amongst which in 500 files i have a string which needs to be searched how would get the names of those files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in finding the max and min position

Hi, I have this input file called ttbitnres (which is catenated and sorted):- 8 0.4444 213 10 0.5555 342 11 0.5555 321 12 0.5555 231 13 0.4444 400 My code is at :- #!/bin/bash echo -e Version "\t" Number of Pass "\t" Number of Fail "\t" Rank Position "\t"Min "\t" Max... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Max value from an array

Hi, I need to find max and second max element from an array. array contains 0338,0337,0339,0340,0401,0402,0403 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjasai
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding max size

Hi I have a list of 2000 records with multiple entries and I want to get the max size for each entry ABC 1 ABC 2 ABC 3 ABC 4 DEF 1 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 DEF 2 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding max number in filename and opening it

Hi, I have files named as energy.dat.1 energy.dat.2 energy.dat.3 ... energy.dat.2342 I would like to find the file with maximum number in the filename (ex. energy.dat.2342) and open it. Would you please share your expertize in writing the script? Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding max of a column grouping by the time

Hi, I have the below text: 16:00 0.50 16:00 0.30 16:00 0.00 16:00 0.00 16:00 0.30 16:01 0.00 16:01 0.30 I want to find the max of the 2nd column grouping by the values in the 1st column using awk. So 16:00 0.50 16:01 0.30 I have tried (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
3 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)